Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Have I got Cat Aids?
  • Houns

And is it the bad sort?

Every morning for the last few months I’ve felt really nauseous, sadly I’m not pregnant, it normally wears off around 11am and I’m fine for the rest of the day.
    However on Wednesday, and today, I’ve been feeling nauseous as usual but then I have sudden onset of feeling more nauseous and that I’m about to faint. Wednesdays episode I put down to working hard on an empty stomach, but today I had a huge bowl of porridge with honey a couple of hours before it hit me. After both episodes I’ve eaten porridge and honey, drank sweet tea (blurk) and downed some full fat coke and have ended up feeling slightly better, just drained … it’s almost like I’ve ‘bonked’

What can it be? My first thought is that it could be diabetes but I don’t have any other ‘typical’ diabetes symptoms… I’ve seen my GP and I’ve had a blood test so just waiting on the results of that.. so in the meantime over to you lot to diagnose* me

(*of course I’m not being serious, just wondering if anyone else has had something similar)

downshep

Have you been over rimming yourself? My cat is terrible for that.

kcal

em, constipation, or at least some intolerance to the porridge / oats?

I have found one of the few foods I can’t eat (*) (other than liver and other offal, haggis is OK) are bananas – make my stomach cramp up something horrible about an hour after eating them. Quinoa in anything other than very small amounts can do the same.

* others being marmalade, baked beans and most kinds of tea.

[Edit: it does drift over time, time was I couldn’t abide tomato juice, black pudding and likes of beef olives either. I suspect it was just rubbish ingredients at the time, a decent black pudding is unbeatable now ]

Houns

Nope and nope….. Eating porridge is fine. No stomach cramps. Just nausea and these two episodes of feeling like I’m about to pass out

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Its manthrax.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sounds more like badger syphilis.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Feline Ebola.

Houns

Jeez I’m lucky to be alive

hels
    Free Member

Giardia? I had that once, felt sick as a dog once a day, then it passed. It was to do with the bugs lifecycle in my stomach. Grim, but cured with about ten huge tablets downed in a oner. This was in kiwiland I don’t know if you have that bug in water here? I got it swimming in lake taupo. Worth checking?

Kryton57

I had this during October, and visited the docs after I lost the feeling in my toes on my left foot.  I too had blood tests which only revealed off the chart low levels of Vit D.   However, I suffered a huge amount of tiredness and stress in September which is deemed to be the cause.

i did wonder if there was some weird strain of virus doing the rounds.

footflaps

Ferret pox, has your John Thomas fallen off yet? Normally happens in week 3.

stumpyjon

Under stress, any depression, sounds very similar to anxiety related symptoms I had. Also might be a phantom pregnancy.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Black Death innit.

Houns

Yeah anxiety has been worsening over the last few weeks, discussed this with GP as possible cause too

funkmasterp

Sounds very much like Dog Malaria

Not the good kind

SaxonRider

today I had a huge bowl of porridge with honey a couple of hours before it hit me.

I am absolutely intrigued, @Houns. In May 2017, I started on a diet with Mrs SR that included porridge fairly frequently in the mornings, and an almost complete eradication of sugar.

In any case, I started getting frequent dizzy spells and then one day just fainted. I immediately came off the diet, and the dizziness went away. The porridge association may only be coincidence, but have you looked at how much sugar and carbs you’re ingesting?

Houns

I just mentioned the porridge I had today as with the previous episode I hadn’t had any breakfast. So episodes aren’t caused by having an empty stomach… But yes have been eating lots of carbs and sugar (to be honest I have done for years)

stumpyjon

If you’re talking about anxiety sounds like you’re suffering. It creeps up on you. I had 2 blackout incidents due to excess stress and unreasonable behaviour by shit bosses, also got the morning sickness, would throw up some mornings. Ok for most of the time then….

Gunz
    Free Member

I’d echo the Vit D thing. I often work nights and with the onset of Winter last year I would go days with very little sunlight. I felt nauseous, tired and generally rundown until I took a punt on Vit D and it turned me around in about two days.

Houns

I work outdoors, I know the weather hasn’t been great but I get vit d, if I have a problem with it then I’m sure the blood tests will pick it up.

Blimmin anxiety causes me so many issues in so many ways, I really hope it isn’t causing this, but wouldn’t be surprised if this is another way it’s kicking me in the nuts

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Manbola.

Deadly.

You’ll be lucky to see another sunrise.

bsims
    Free Member

Iron deficiency, are you on the blob?

Edit: could be zinc deficiency, have you been choking you chicken too much?

singletrackmind

Alien probe ?
    Some sort of etheral out of body experience casued by magic crystals, shakira , feng shuay , lay lines , holograms, manopaws, lavender , raki healing and /or cat aids the very bad kind?
    Or are you just fekked off , tired, fed up with the rain , over worked, under valued , missing the sunshine , lacking sleep , in a relationship , then its puurfectly normal love

molgrips
    Free Member

I am absolutely intrigued, @Houns. In May 2017, I started on a diet with Mrs SR that included porridge fairly frequently in the mornings, and an almost complete eradication of sugar.

I don’t think cooked porridge is all that much different to sugar in terms of how fast it hits your bloodstream, is it?

Houns

Update. Blood tests came back as normal. Had some tablets to help with acid which has helped the mild nausea I get.

However today I got walloped by the severe nausea and feeling faint again (first time since posting this thread) No reason for it, not stressed or anxious, wasn’t feeling sick before work, had plenty to eat and drink yesterday… within 30 mins of getting to work start feeling the symptoms …. managed to get home, shoved face with food and sweet tea and started to feel a bit better after a couple of hours, now just feeling drained again.

Bah it’s doing my head in

cinnamon_girl

Get hold of a copy of your blood test, don’t just accept that “they’re fine”. Work on your diet, are you eating enough protein? If your vit D wasn’t tested then you can get it done privately and not expensive either. Don’t under-estimate the difference this can make. Another thing to bear in mind is that some folk don’t absorb nutrients, this can be common with vit B12. Was that tested?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Have I got Cat Aids?’ is closed to new replies.