• This topic has 61 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Has this forum become a repetitive cycle of endlessly repeating lazy tropes?
  • sirromj

An e-biker stole my KOM on Strava, just wait till you see what happened next.

Nico
    Free Member

Apparently there’s a forum as well as a magazine..

Marin
    Free Member

Fur coat no knickers if you’re eating tripe.

rOcKeTdOg

I’ll answer when I’ve finished vacuuming my new slippers

Worth the “P” fee just to read that as it reminds me i need new slippers!

sirromj

fooman

Obvious trope is obvious

squirrelking
    Free Member

Stop moaning, if you don’t like it read on.

I’ll start a Friday thread though.

bedmaker

If those fish puns were actually funny I expect I’d have spat tea all over my keyboard.

sirromj

Shorely if the fish puns were funny you would have spat artisan coffee all over your mechanical keyboard?

bearnecessities

By way of a futile attempt at an answer to the OP (original panther)…yes, this place has become a self-fulfilling prophesy of middle class and argumentative tripe, or trope.

I like the the ‘size’ of it here and have no problem with the same topics that occur (guilty of myself), but what’s becoming rapidly crap and the reason <flounce alert> I stopped my subscription is the few posters that absolutely drown the place like they are here 24/7 – nearly every topic there is, the same few posters just post their crappy self-righteous opinion in there – with bugger all attempt at humour or respect for others – simply a vacuous post.

Yes PP you are a splurge-gun of puns, mildly tiresome at times (but sometimes genius), yet I’d take you any day of the week over the self-righteous bores that have no self-regulation of their posts that, for me, are making this place into a ****-fest of high horse bollocks that make it not worthwhile flicking through for chuckles.

I do largely approve of the recent bans, so I can’t be alone in this 🙂

tomhoward

Obvious trope

Can I borrow it?

RustySpanner

The last original thing on here was Cougar’s lactose intolerant joke.

And he’s repeated that about a dozen times.

You need to get ill in a more imaginative manner.

but what’s becoming rapidly crap and the reason <flounce alert> I stopped my subscription is the few posters that absolutely drown the place like they are here 24/7 – nearly every topic there is, the same few posters just post their crappy self-righteous opinion in there – with bugger all attempt at humour or respect for others – simply a vacuous post.

I hope that’s not me, but I’m worried it might be. If so, just tell me to shut up for a bit. I haven’t posted anything original for years, with the exeption of the odd haiku.

Not a joke btw, if I put people off posting, just let me know.

tomhoward

Funnily enough, I’m actually back in hospital, narrowly avoiding losing digits, but didn’t start a thread as i assumed folk were sick of it (i certainly am!)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cable! Direction! Corbyn!

RustySpanner

No mate, of course not.

Your serious medical issues are a constant source of hilarity and amusement  🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

mildly tiresome at times

Exactly what I was going for.

Nailed it.

Pz_Steve

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>thestabiliser
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div></div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-author”>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div></div>
    <div class=””><span style=”font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.8rem;”>Endlessly repeating lazy…..pick two</span></div>
    </div>
    </div>

OK – that’s not how it looked in preview.

Damn, and it was such a funny comment. No, really, it was….

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I’ll have “Endlessly lazy” please, Bob.

</div>

nicko74

Is this the place to complain that I keep seeing ads for gay cruises on the right sidebar over there—–> ??

It’s not that I’m offended, just I don’t like STW making assumptions about me, y’know?

Doh, can’t work out how to insert smileys in the new forum, so, uh 😉

ETA: omg, it worked!

Dickyboy

Thank the lord for 8.5%abv coz I’m sozzled

senorj

Yes .

There’s always Mumsnet. 🙂

I love the fish puns btw 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

If you only read one thread about lazy tropes today…

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Has this forum become a repetitive cycle of endlessly repeating lazy tropes?’ is closed to new replies.