Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Has anyone bought a toolbox from Costco?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Specifically the CSPS 46″ TOOL BOX TOOLS CHEST WITH BUTCHERS BLOCK TOP?

I need to expand on my current box & a roll cab would suit the shed better, I can’t link to costco, but this joker has obviously just taken a pic whilst wondering about the store & added £100, seems he does that with most of the items he has for sale!

Anyway, any experience or better products for similar money?

PS Snap-On lovers can do one, I was not born yesterday 😉

Cheers in advance 🙂

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

No, but I bought a coolbox from Tesco. True story.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for that 😉

steellam
    Free Member

I am a professional car mechanic have been using that exact toolbox from costco for nearly a year now. I think I paid about 300 quid, it’s great value.

All the draws are on roller bearings and have took a fair bit of hammer but the block is not quite butchers standard – it’s a big chunk of hdf laminate :D.

The other lads take the piss but i’m not into spunking 2k on a snap-on or mac toolbox, defo recommended.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for that, very helpful.
    They are currently £320 in costco so they seem cheap for such a size, it’s a bit early for me to be buying it as I plan to put it in my garage if/when the extension is done, but it seems to good to miss so I may take a punt now & store it.
    Is it seriously heavy unloaded? just wondering how I could get it home.

Cheers.

steellam
    Free Member

I only just managed to get it off the bottom shelf in costco and put it on the cart thing, defo needed help putting it in the van.

It’s quite heavy but it’s a big lump, you can’t get your arms round the box to lift properly.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks again.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Sealey do some great value boxes and machine mart too

maccruiskeen

but this joker has obviously just taken a pic whilst wondering about the store & added £100

Retailer buying from wholesaler at wholesale price and selling at retail price shocker 😀

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Retailer buying from wholesaler at wholesale price and selling at retail price shocker

No, someone wondering around Costco taking pictures of things he thinks he can make a profit on, you can even see the yellow racking FFS. Then no doubt not bothering to buy it until it has sold on ebay, there is a difference, I wonder what happens if he sells one on ebay & Costco are sold out when he tries to buy it/them?

z1ppy

Well I thought I catch most threads but obviously not…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tool-boxes

do they do a top cabinet type jobby? (that more ‘tool box’ than I need)

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I didn’t see any in Costco yesterday, but I think all stores carry different levels of stock, so that doesn’t mean the one near you doesn’t have anything.

Cheers.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know where you live 2unfit2ride but I’ve just come back from the Croydon Costco and they had two.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Bought it!

Managed to get it home & in the shed, hopefully a temporary home…

Sorry about the mess, it’s taken me 6 hours to sort out & I can’t be bothered to do any more tonight 😳

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Sorry about the mess, it’s taken me 6 hours to sort out & I can’t be bothered to do any more tonight

OK fair-enough…………but try and sort it out properly tomorrow perhaps ?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

To be fair Ernie, you can’t really see most of the mess as it’s on the work top to the right, so what needs sorting out IYO?

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well mostly your post………it was a terrible mess 😐

Still, you’ve edited it now and it looks a whole lot tidier 8)

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Lol, fair enough, not tried linking to Picsa before.

Cheers.

PePPeR

That is a big toolbox!

I’m just in the process of ordering a new shed at the moment, and I’m looking at getting a new toolbox like that for my workshop and then bring my old toolbox down to my shed 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Just so you know, the drawers are few & far between & a bit deep for most uses, I was planning on getting rid of the top box, but TBH I can fit as many hand tool in that as I can the rollcab, I had to use that to store bigger stuff & things like sockets that work better when they are stored upright.

More drawers would have been better than big drawers, but you live & learn eh.

PePPeR

I’ll probably get a newer nicer top box, I find the more drawers the better to keep things nice and tidy!

supertramp
    Free Member

no but i have bought a Coolbox from Tesco, would that help?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone bought a toolbox from Costco?’ is closed to new replies.