Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Rivington steps question?
  • Lawmanmx
    Free Member

has anyone off here been down or better still Cleaned the steps to the right of the 7 arch bridge in the chinese gardens over Rivington? if you have then i doft my cap in your direction :O)

GavinB

Not sure. Ridden most of those bits, but not that recently.

There’s a great run of steps (stone and horrible wooden ones), roots and so on that goes from the Pigeon Tower – all the way down to the bridge you are talking about. Its a great little area for mucking around on. I tend to head off to the left over the bridge, as that links down to some other great trails.

Have you got a photo of them? Or maybe a Streetmap linky?

kaesae
    Free Member

I love steps, lets see a photo, please!

Junkyard
    Free Member

i will take some tomorrow but I dont ride footpaths or steps particularily as you rarely experience them on bridleways

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Not the ones you’re on about but I always ride these

wors

All the way from the top chl? And junkyard lies!

Vortexracing

Must have a look at them, We have played a bit on the ones about 30yrds or so the left, (near the bit with black and white tiles) they have a nasty ‘s’ bend them in them that always catches me out.

This is all hearsay of course as i also don’t ride FP’s 😉

lipseal
    Free Member

kaesae – Member
    I love steps, lets see a photo, please!

Junkyard
    Free Member

And junkyard lies!

i have ridden the gardens once in my life and it was at night with DONK FWIW belmont/san marino, hole in wall,Two lads,shoulder and kennel run dont count OK
    Ps I explained cheeky to my kids today whilst riding cheeky…. walkers never give you grief when you have small children with you

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I like steps to but twice now I’ve sh1t out of riding down them from the pike but just about everywhere else in the area 😡
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEBS9imAvmw[/video]

GavinB

Geordie – I think you need a soundtrack to that…

STEPS!

Junkyard
    Free Member

your knees seriously creak I would see someone about it
    you dabbed on ice cream run and you should jump off the tarmac slab at the top you looked faster than I think i go down there but never done a video of myself and not done it FS for ages. I dont keep up with my mates on there generally

Vortexracing

you missed the drop offs on your right at 3mins 35secs.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

these ones ?

I’ve led beginners down there and most of them have ridden it 🙂

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

turn right at 19 seconds of that video and their on the right there! there’s switchbacks 180’s and drops all the way down!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

and No Simon Twern’t them easy buggers pal

izakimak
    Free Member

junkyard does lie, i have some shonky video of him failing to make it to the bottom of some of the steps in the gardens even the gf made down them*. If i could be arsed learning how to post it i would.

*in fairness they are pretty steep with a tree on the outside of a corner for you to crash into but he was beaten by a girlie 😆

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

hard mans line down the ‘eliminator’ . . . . nice !!!

izakimak
    Free Member

watching the vid up there if u turn right at 4mins they are on the left of the fence near the waterfall iirc

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

not the ones im talking about

Vortexracing

The ones that Lawnmax is talking about are very tight and steep through walls at the top right hand corner of the black and white tiled bit.

If you stand on the tils and look towards Blackpool you will see a sunken patio area, they are to the right of that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

, i have some shonky video of him failing to make it to the bottom of some of the steps in the gardens even the gf made down them*.

that is the only time i have ever been in there and to be fair thanks for the flattering description as I actually failed to take the first corner on all my [3??] attempts.
    I do need to learn but apart from playing in there you dont encoutenr them on trails as a general rule but yes I have no steps skilz

lowey

Get off my land.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i live closer to it than you so its MY land 😛 … ha ha ha ha

rondo101
    Free Member

Nice vid – my teefs are rattling though!

kaesae
    Free Member

I would have ridden down those steps! I spent wednesday over at the water of leith some good steps to practice on, I was teaching one of my friends about cock pit familiarity and manipulations, attach possitioning and extra g braking and cornering!

Good day but 5 hours of cycling including a trip to corstorphine hill and I still feel a bit drained now, I will get some video of the stairs at the water of leith if I can be arsed!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i’ll see if i can get some pics of them in the week …. i dont think i could clean Em and im Awesome ;O) ha ha ha ha

samuri
    Free Member

Not a bad video. Interesting lines in places. I’ve never seen anyone take that route off the pike.

D0NK

Do you mean the ones going down from here??

SFB those steps are for riding UP, they are good climbing practice.

Nice vid, echo the “interesting line” comment, 5:40-6:00 hate that bit!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

SFB those steps are for riding UP

really ?? Well, good on you, but I’ll pass on that…

mr_mills
    Free Member

kaesae – Member

…I was teaching one of my “friends” about cock familiarity and manipulation…

😆

D0NK

really ??

ok not really, well not often anyway. They are a bit straight and boring for riding down (IMO of course) but every so often they are good for practicing technical/power climbs.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Yea DONK thems the buggers, you done Em then?

Bernaard
    Free Member

You mean the Spesh came out of the spare room. Or did you do em on your roadie.

Is it worth a trip oop north Tony. You guiding obviously

GavinB

First easy flight (you can see the bridge in the background)

Leads to a right turn to this

which then leads into this tasty left hander, which is (just) rideable, but took me loads of attempts and then subsequent failures – but one clean run.

a more testing set of steeper steps, with a few slight turns like this

At this point, I thought things were going well, until I got to the next section, which most definitely is the crux – 😯

Erm, having had a long look at it, I think it is just just about rideable, but objectively pretty dodgy as it is really steep, tight, and there is a pretty big drop on the left, and an even bigger drop (over the fence) on the right.

So, c’mon then!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yup, thems Um GavinB, i’ll be Proper impressed if someone’s cleaned them cos they are waaaay steeper than the pics show … and yea Bernaard (Matt) gimme a shout if you and some of the boys wanna come up for a guided loop i’ll happily oblige! you got me number pal ;O)

lowey

I’m hopeless on steps and wouldnt even start them! That last pic is proper tasty!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I rode down those 17 years ago on my ’89 Rockhopper Comp with rigid forks, 150mm salsa stem and 480mm bars!

traildog
    Free Member

I wish people wouldn’t ride directly down off the pike like that. There was a big fuss about people walking it not that long ago, so why people think riding it, directly down a fall line is beyond me. It’s not even a technical challenge or particularly fun.

wors

+1 use way you come up if you can’t ride them.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Rivington steps question?’ is closed to new replies.