• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Has anybody watched the “really scary” film, Hereditary?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

2 hrs 7 mins wasted. A real crock. If you haven’t, don’t.

Overhyped doesn’t come near.

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t believe you.

How did you watch it, btw? I mean was it a download, or the cinema or what, just interested cos I missed it at the cinema and not found it (apart from one of those shitty in cinema cam versions).

That “Unfriended” film that I thought was terrific, seems to have been universally hated, so i ain’t taking nobody elses word what is good or bad, not neva.

moose
    Free Member

Agreed. Very, very overhyped. I’ve yet to see a decent new horror for a while. The ones I have watched were remakes. Rob Zombies’ take on Halloween was quite good.

user-removed
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it.  It’s a bit of a pastiche, a throw back, a schlock horror in a knowing sort of a way – treated as such, it’s fantastic.  The last ten minutes or so are almost laughable but the sheer level of ridiculousness is what makes the film work (for me).

rone

So DezB.. this unfriended , I’m about to drop the money on it for streaming. I do like a decent horror.

So I will trust your judgement.

I’m sure kermode gave it a decent review.

rone

Ah is is the dark web one you’re on about or the older film?

derek_starship
    Free Member

I still can’t work out if I fancy Toni Colette….

DezB –  a friend, a torrent site and a memory stick.

senorj

I’ll give it a miss then.

Last film I watched that gave me the willies was The Woman in Black.

Jeebus!

Ps, I’ve had a crush on Toni Collete since I saw Muriel’s Wedding! 🙂

bear-uk
    Free Member

Thanks I was contemplating watching it on Showbox but will give it a miss.

There’s quite a lot of films should be straight to video rubbish.

sirromj

What did you think of Mother! ? I kinda liked it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Annabelle creation was good.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah is is the dark web one you’re on about or the older film?

I saw the Dark Web one at the cinema (my son’s choice!) but hadn’t even heard of the first one. So I watched the first one after and I’d say it was slightly better – a bit less far fetched.

So, watch the first one. Just don’t expect some Hollywood bluckbuster full of stars, clichés and jump-scares!! It’s different, which is what I liked about it. (I have posted a review on IMDB – sort by review date 😊)

friend, a torrent site and a memory stick.

Must’ve been a cam version, surely? No film comes out well on those ime.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ludicrous ending. You’d think one of the Lords Of Hell would have better things to do than hang around in a tree house dressed in a Xmas party hat with a bunch of religious nut jobs.

I kept expecting him to say “Whatever dudes, whose got the crack?”  😂

geex
    Free Member

it was hilarious at the cinema. When the lights went up. it was full of couples looking at each other saying nothing. I actually laughed out loud.

The naturist saga coach dropping off their punters at the posessed house was funny too

Her husbands unfortunate moment in the living room also had me laughing.

FuzzyWuzzy

What did you think of Mother! ? I kinda liked it.

I thought it was one of the worst films I’ve ever seen. OK, it would have helped going in to know it was an allegory but the biblical link and it trying hard to be clever or impart a deeper meaning becomes obvious, it just tries too hard. It was mostly just bollocks though, the type of film directors make for themselves not the audience.

Mind you I didn’t like “A Serious Man” either so maybe I should avoid films you have to think deeply about to get anything from and stick to generic action/adventure stuff :p

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes! ‘Serious Man’ arguably the weakest film from the Coens in their entire canon.

hels
    Free Member

I quite liked Hereditary, that clicking sound was proper creepy, and it had a great head taken off by lampost scene. Toni collette is always good. I watched Mother and have to agree with the review; “WTF. WTAF. SWTAF?”

nickc

Serious Man’ arguably the weakest film from the Coens in their entire canon.

In a world that contains Hail Caesar, I think you might want to reconsider

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Has anybody watched the “really scary” film, Hereditary?’ is closed to new replies.