Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • has amazon been nobbled?
  • bratty

No access to the UK site for about 30 mins now. German one seems down too – the US and Canada ones are ok though. Anyone else having problems?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Wikileaks supporters denial of service attack….

cxi
    Free Member

Borked here as well

geoffj

I can’t get in either 😕

teagirl
    Free Member

Yep, same here. Spouse say they have massive server capacity at this time of year. Do you think something’s taken them out?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

And me..

clubber
    Free Member

iPhone app borked too

Adam_85
    Free Member

“I’ll finish that order of when I get back from walking the dog”
    Oh dear that’ll teach me…..

Flaperon

Do people still use Amazon? Ever since the marketplace sellers flooded the place with crap, and especially since their shipping time stretched to a week or more, I’ve stopped shopping there.

Play.com is the place to go.

beej

Yup, lots of mentions on Twitter that it’s down, probably DDoS attack. Or their hamsters need feeding.

bratty

was it down before due to DNS attacks? if so for how long?

Matt-P
    Free Member

Bugger – there goes the Christmas order I was half way through

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Amazon’s still the go-to for me, consistently offers best prices, short shipping times. Tonight however…..

allthepies
    Free Member

Not the brightest of moves to host the Wikileaks content in the first place was it really!

mrmo
    Free Member

.com is up but .co.uk seems to be down. tried is it me, and that says down. just tried .fr, .de and both seem down as well

Adam_85
    Free Member

Amazon is a one stop christmas shop!
    I always found play.com’s delivery to be slow!?

Drac

Amazon are quick at posting most stuff is next day even on standard. I rarely use play now as no longer the cheapest and delivery is slower than ever, took over a week my last order.

mosschops
    Free Member

poo

need cheap batteries….and some bulbs

Adam_85
    Free Member

Bones seasons 1-5 is £95 on play and £75 on amazon 🙁

infidel
    Free Member

back up now

coffeeking
    Free Member

Working fine for me.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s regrettably fine for me, the backstabbing little invertebrates.

Not that in intend ordering anything from the mouthpiece of censorship USA stylee ever again.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Going to find your options shrinking jujuuk…………

bratty

hmmm its not exactly democratic or free speech to take down websites as part of a self-appointed lynch-mob. Anyway, it seems to be back.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Your right oldgrump, but you know, it *might* just be an opportunity.

For too long our High Streets have been harbouring too many charity shops, estate agents and pound stores. Perhaps if we all appreciated that rrp means people in employment, in shops, meaning lower taxes through benefits, and more of our money “moving around”, then the would might just become a better place.

What better for xmas than browsing round a store and finding that “perfect gift” you’d never have thought of, rather than just logging onto a website and ordering something throughly unoriginal.

And I will be doing so this xmas. I shan’t even be using my visa or mastercard, I will be going in to my bank and demanding cash, and if they ask why, pointing out why.

See, theres a whole world of opportunity to be a grumpy old man here… moan to fellow shoppers, bank staff, shop assistants, whilst pointing out what you are doing for them! seize the day!

mrmo
    Free Member

hmmm its not exactly democratic or free speech to take down websites as part of a self-appointed lynch-mob. Anyway, it seems to be back

is it democratic or free speach when a US senator? has a quite word and wikileaks is dropped by Amazon, not as though they wouldn’t know what the organisation is about before they started to host them.

jon1973
    Free Member

Do people still use Amazon? Ever since the marketplace sellers flooded the place with crap, and especially since their shipping time stretched to a week or more

I use it all the time. You know in advance what’s Amazon and what’s Marketplace. I ordered a DVD box set fom Amazon last week and it turned up within 2 days – I’ve never had to wait a week for anything.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

jujuuk, point taken but SHOPPING????
    I’ll be ‘reusing’ some things for xmas pressies (ie old watch and pen off evilBay) and mail order via non-Amazon outlets. I am using my local independent butcher for Xmas stuff, etc etc. Could do more I suppose, but I’m trying!

toby1

@Jujuuk68 – but what if you work for an online retailer – then people shopping online does mean people in jobs too – and not shop jobs where they have to deal with Grumpy old men all day.

I went to a shop once, it was full of people, I had to queue to get what I wanted and it had bad Christmas music on the in background, personally I like to mainly shop online and do other bits and pieces in actual shops.

The internet has a wider range of gifts so how can it be harder to find the perfect present?

Trekster

since their shipping time stretched to a week or more

2 orders one arrived next day `tother 2 days last week

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘has amazon been nobbled?’ is closed to new replies.