Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Harsh…
  • TroutWrestler
    Free Member

WTF?

100 hours Community Service for shouting “No ifs, no buts, no public sector cuts” at CMD.

Surely the risk of being shouted at goes with the job?

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Unbelievable!

nick1962
    Free Member

Why plead guilty?
    I’d have elected for trial and taken my chances with a jury (assuming you can do that in Scotland).Not sure many jurors would have found him even guilty.

cinnamon_girl

Dear me! We need activists in this country.

Northwind

Lucky he didn’t say it on Facebook or he’d be going dahn.

davidjones15
    Free Member

#thirdworldproblems

irc

I’d have elected for trial and taken my chances with a jury (assuming you can do that in Scotland).

Nope, you can’t.

As he had a lawyer I assume the legal advice was to plead guilty.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

During an appearance at Glasgow Sheriff Court, the former Lib-Dem political activist admitted behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by violating a security cordon, shouting and failing to desist, attempting to approach Mr Cameron and causing fear and alarm.

So not just for shouting then…

Rodger, from Fife, was previously fined £200 for hitting Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg with blue paint in Glasgow.

Not his first appearance

Kevevs
    Free Member

Very ironic! I’dve thought heckling CMD a community service in itself? It should be positively encouraged! Does he now follow Dave around giving him grief for the next hundred hours then? 😀

jonahtonto
    Free Member

“causing fear and alarm” the PM does that every time he speaks doesn’t he?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Welcome to Britain 2012. Where What Could Never Happen Here is now an everyday occurence.

bencooper
    Free Member

“causing fear and alarm” the PM does that every time he speaks doesn’t he?

The problem is, in Scotland, Breach of the Peace covers pretty much anything and it’s a criminal offence. See what happened to Mr You’ve Been Trumped.

It’s a terrible law that really needs to be removed.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Harsh…’ is closed to new replies.