Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Hard Frosts for a while
  • Klunk
    Free Member

joy of joys dry and sunny to boot 🙂 winter at last

matt_outandabout

IT won’t be that hard a frost – it’s low temps due to windchill.

Klunk
    Free Member

-4 forecast tonight here and it’s already -1

Cougar

jimjam
    Free Member

White frost or black frost though?

matt_outandabout

I stand corrected then Klunk….

zippykona

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looking like a great day ahead tomorrow wandering in the Arrochar alps. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

bearnecessities

I was worried I’d planted my garlic a bit late in late December, but this is only good news 🙂

(..aside from the fact I’ve been WFH a lot and caning the logs with this weather. My log-man actually laughed in a quite devilishly cackling fashion when I rang earlier and asked for a delivery this weekend. Nice chap though, so I’ll let him off his uninhibited giddy hand-rubbing at the spike in demand)

bikebouy
    Free Member

-4c isn’t that cold though is it.

What I look forward to are the stunningly beautiful days.

Klunk
    Free Member

-4c isn’t that cold though is it.

no but 12 hours of it is enough to harden the ground to make riding a pleasure not a mud plugging chore

Kryton57

Hmm do I take the new bike and hope for frozen trails or the old mud bike in case it’s muddy?

Klunk
    Free Member

earlier you ride the better

P-Jay
    Free Member

Next week it’s due to be very, very cold… and then there’s the windchill on top. Oh and if you live in the East, or South, or North potentially a **** tonne of snow!

Fat Bike owners, set faces to smug!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have an off-road route to work that can only be ridden in the super dry or super cold so looking forward to it in a masochistic way.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Should be good for trail running if it’s “that” cold..

You can keep your snow though..

deadkenny
    Free Member

Klunk
    Free Member

it didn’t disappoint 🙂

pre sunrise

sunrise with bike

home

fossy

Might get chance to use the Ice Spikers I bought a couple of weeks ago.

tenfoot

I was out at 6.30 this morning to get the crunchy trail experience. I wasn’t disappointed.

bikebouy
    Free Member

QECP was fabulous.. hard frosty and sunny.

Perfect trail running day.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Did an early lap of Swinley this morning.

Perfect trails out there first thing, everything was dry and frozen. Not sure how it’ll be as the day goes on and it warms up but with any luck it’ll be the same tomorrow morning so I can do the same again before work 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Got out at 0530 onto the Sarf Downs near Eastbourne.  -5°C as I crested longman hill and a biting easterly.  Stayed below that for the rest of the ride.  It was a very pleasurable, dry, clear ride with a beautiful sunrise through the trees as I arrived at the top of the Friston Fireroad.

Took the dogs out a bit later and where the sun was hitting the chalk climbs they were turning into that horrific sticky chalk.

Early doors rides it’ll be then.

Edukator
    Free Member

Too cold for skiing this morning so the MTB got taken out – and put away without a hose down. frozen ground is good.

Kryton57

Hard and crispy in Epping Forest, getting more slushy toward 9am though.  Next few days should cure that assuming we don’t get snow.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member
    sirromj

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cwmcarn this morning – couldn’t feel my hands at all until way past the ranger station, Cafal was rock hard and stupid fast – Trwch was defrosting by the time I finish but both were mint!

Daffy

It’s lush out there on the usually muddy bridleways in Wiltshire today.

The hedges are keeping the ground frozen, but your torso is in full sunlight…my daughter (in the chariot) doesn’t appreciate it as much as there’s a lot of bouncing (and a single roll over event, but we won’t talk about that)  and bumping and not a lot of sun, but once on the connecty roads, its amazing.

jam-bo

Frozen sand at polzeath this morning. Perfect, glassy, cruisy 2-3ft surf was a good start to the day.

martymac

Its been beautiful here in fife for ages, crispy in the mornings and pleasant in the afternoons.

im stuck at home rehabilitating a broken ankle, so can’t ride my bike yet, but i went to the swimming pool yesterday and i swear, i felt a tiny amount of warmth from the sun.

it was bloody nice.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Hard Frosts for a while’ is closed to new replies.