Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Handjob’s – any good?!
  • sodandy
    Free Member

Cove Handjob i mean. What are they like? Any idea of frame weight? What length fork do you run etc?
    Looking for good all rounder to complement full sus bike.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Awesome. Take 100-130mm forks. Just got a new one off the classifieds on here and rather jealous that the OH will get to ride it most of the time.

Really good XC/Trail bike. Recent financial conditions have made what was an expensive frame a very expensive frame 🙂

Dialled Bikes Prince Albert worth a look too. Slightly heavier frame but cheaper and slightly sturdier (again 100-130mm up front). On One 456 if you want to run 150mm up front. DB Alpine of you want to go longer.

ETA: Off the top of my head I think the frame is 4lbs ish. If you’re looking for a weight weenie XC race bullet look elsewhere.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Mint.

Great fun- I run 130mm Maguras on mine..

Double and bash, 50mm stem, flats etc, etc..

Just what you need for a blat around Dalby etc, etc… :mrgreen:

DezB
    Free Member

Lovely ride. Couldn’t go back to aluminium! Definitely a good all rounder.
    I think the weight is nearer 4.5lbs, but “rides light”.

jimthesaint

Handjobs are good if you can’t afford the extra for a Hummer.

Neither are as good as doing a girl in the stink though 😯

Ed2001
    Free Member

As many have already said very good frame, although I do think they are bit expensive now.

samuri
    Free Member

excellent bike. I’ve got some recons on mine which go up to 130mm, it likes long forks. Tad heavy but feels lovely for it. Definately a great all day riding bike and jumps around a bit quite nicely too.

Mine’s finished off with XT for the most part. Love it, don;t ride it enough.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Lovely bike. I’ve got one with 130mm Revs and it is butter smooth.
    Wonderful in swoopy singletrack – you just need to think in the direction you want to turn.

Newer version seems strong enough, but I concertinaed my old one in a head-on dog collision.

StuF

I think mine’s great and I’m looking to put some forks longer than the 100mm recons I’m currently running. Loves going downhill with the seat dropped

shands
    Free Member

Running mine with rebas shimmed out to 115mm. Feels lovely. Ride it now all the time. Havent touched the full sus for about two months.

juan
    Free Member

yum yum very good bikes…

chakaping
    Free Member

Frame is 4.7lbs I think.

Got Reba Teams with Maxle lite and light wheels on mine and it’s a brilliant all-round (XC-biased) hardtail.

Had 100-130mm Revs on before, but the 120mm is definitely the most useable length – and the added stiffness of the Maxle really helps maintain speed in rough sections.

carlphillips
    Free Member

expensive, costly, pricey, steel frame.

if it were me i’d look at the PA (i personally didn’t like it but my mate who has a hj said it rode almost identical to it) or a 456 (which are ace)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Handjob’s – any good?!’ is closed to new replies.