Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,822 total)
  • Hampshire Riding
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Possibly 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Hey john, just when you thought it couldn’t get even duller. 😉 Look away now!

Been on the Plain today and did not see any NCN signs. The track however now resembles a motorway. 😐 Goodness knows what’s been along it, a tank perhaps?

johnj2000
    Free Member

Tanks aren’t dull. Pics of tanks would be even better.

Swinley for me this morning, love,y weather and no falling off. Was told to be careful as I start a new job next week so kept the wheels firmly on the ground despite some peer pressure from Mr Tall. Great ride and great company.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

To the Clatfords for a spot of tea this afternoon. Utterly lovely ride, taking in Longparish, Wherwell, and more. Then, on the way back, some lovely stuff around Barton Stacey (Including riding past Gravel Hill, I should add! 😀 )

There was some interesting looking singletrack heading off in to the woods on the track to the South of Bullingdon Lane out of Barton Stacey. Just before the water works thingy (?) heading North back towards Bullingdon Lane. Might have to go back on the proper off road bikes!

Oh, and there was cake. Oh yes, there was cake! (Home made lemon drizzle in case you were wondering.)

cinnamon_girl

john – there’s plenty of tanks there, rusting ones but too far away for my camera. Bet Swinley was heaving though!

Cap’n – I recognise that track! Have you used the Roman Road, it leads eventually to Bransbury Common. This should only be ridden in the dry and with full body cover. Can’t remember if I’ve used the track on the opposite side of the water.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, know of the Roman Road. Second pick was at the end of that, just before heading left (NEish) towards Cocum Farm. There was a little unexpected pavé like surface at the end, a couple of hundred yards behind the bike. Came at it a teensy bit too fast! 🙂

Earlier in the day, I took in a BW to the East of Tufton Warren Farm. To say it was overgrown is an understatement!

cinnamon_girl

There’s always been shooting when I’ve been past there. Hope you’re OK though?

Yes, trails are getting overgrown and thank goodness for my knee length socks and long sleeves! Saw loads of poppies today in Dorsetshire, very colourful.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Range wasn’t firing today. Thankfully!

johnj2000
    Free Member

CG – we got there at about 8.30 and here were loads of free parking spaces, not one car in the overflow which surprised me. When we finished about 11.30 not a space to be had. Saying that the trails were still pretty empty.

cinnamon_girl

For the Cap’n: RoW repair in PC, specifically Oak Hill Lane. What a bloomin’ mess. 😯 There was nothing wrong with that track so why on earth did they have to fill it in and chuck gravelly stones/whatever everywhere? Can’t imagine the horses like it either!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PC? (Sorry, didn’t see this earlier!)

Anyway, on to fresher things. Took a day off today to go for a ride. Gnarmac from home to the parental pile. They have a pool, so that was the obvious destination on a day like today! Only took one photo on the way back, Beat 10 at Longstock.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ likes

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Got it now! Preston Candover!

singletrackmind

Anyone at all interested in a forum ride out from New Alresford ?

Would be a 28mile loop and be roughly 3 1/2hrs

Parking isnt usually a problem ,trails need to be dry as alot of the bridleways do get constant horse use.

Can do pretty much any weekend in July .

nice spot for a social afters as well 😉

pm me or reply on here . flexable on dates so can do whatever suits the majority. cx friendly too. ( mostly )

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yes, yes I’d do that.
    Not around this w/e but back home w/e after and the one after that too.
    Sat or Sun ? Either is fine by me.

CX’er bloke here 😀

mefty
    Free Member

Beat 10 at Longstock

Did you use the nearby facilities to re-hydrate?

cinnamon_girl

Nice pic Cap’n! Yes, Preston Candover although I probably should have said Moundsmere. Couldn’t resist riding some old trails on the way to an appointment at Lasham Gliding Club. Plenty of outside seating where you get a good view of the action.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CG, if you were over at Lasham, you should have dropped me an email and come over for a coffee or something! 🙂 Hope all’s well since the move, BTW.

Mefty, assume you mean the Shovel at the top of The Bunny? Didn’t stop there this time.
    Had a puncture coming down off King’s Elm in to Barton Stacey. Only showed itself as I got to the crossroads, by the village shop. Something lovely about fixing a puncture on a picnic seat outside a village shop, surrounded by hanging baskets, drinking an ice cold drink! Good timing!

cinnamon_girl

Cap’n – thank you, most kind offer. 8) Riding new areas which is always good. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Will have to get over there and try it out some time! Gnarmac, HT or Bouncy, though?

(Might be in a well known Sarum velocipede shop on Saturday AM if you’re around!)

johnj2000
    Free Member

Well that added a new dimension to cycling for me. Ride from Fareham to Butser Hill and then bivvy overnight and drive home in the morning. Didn’t think I would enjoy the bivvy bit but it was surprisingly comfortable, I didn’t get any sleep mind, someone had to stay awake to keep the other two safe from badgers and axe murderers!

frogstomp

PM’d you.. would be interested for next weekend..

johnj2000
    Free Member

Drive home? Ride home, a very tired ride home it was as well.

cinnamon_girl

Good morning Hampshire dwellers. 🙂

Quite an adventure by john and it must be an experience sleeping outside by those woods! That New Alresford ride sounds great, have fun.

Can anyone help with tradesmen recommendations for the Eastleigh vicinity? A shower room will need to be replaced as well as tiling, also need a general handyman and finally where’s good for carpets? Thanks very much. 🙂

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Can anyone help with tradesmen recommendations for the Eastleigh vicinity? A shower room will need to be replaced as well as tiling, also need a general handyman and finally where’s good for carpets? Thanks very much.

I use Tip Top Plumbing who are based in Woolston to do the work on my house and my parent’s flat. Never had any problems and the cost always feels reasonable.

Have also got details of a handy man except not to hand. I’ll try and get them for you tonight…

No idea about carpets. Sorry.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks very much singletrackstinker. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Eastleigh?

Martine’s?

*Shudders *

cinnamon_girl

Vicinity Cap’n, I wouldn’t give away my exact location on a bike forum! What’s Martine’s then?

🙂

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

Martine’s, the nightclub so good that the performances would burn down the house. Twice if I remember correctly 🙂
    Good to have you back in Hampshire CG, I owe you an email, it’ll happen!

jambalaya
    Free Member

A nightclub in Eastleigh, really ? MR1 and MR2 in Bournmouth for me, circa 1980 😳

40mpg

Martines, or Raffles in Southampton 😳

We had our shower room done by Rich Anderton in Totton on recommendation from a few people. Very pleased with results.

Email him on info@richanderton.co.uk

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

All about Jester’s in Soton. Or The Pier, or even Marshalls way back in the distant past.

cinnamon_girl

UTW – thanks and look forward to it. 🙂
    40mg – thanks also.

I may just pass on a nightclub. 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

Thinking o f making my way over from Ringwood to qecp this sat. Are the trails easy to find? Is there a particular car park to aim for?

garage-dweller

All about Jester’s in Soton. Or The Pier, or even Marshalls way back in the distant past.

New York New York – now flats
    Remember Squeeze in the old church too?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

New York New York

Oh.

My.

#flashbacks

garage-dweller

The brick straight off the A3 main car park by the visitor centre is best imo or if full the grass one right behind / one just round the hairpin (drive past visitor centreon your left for latter two options).

From main car park to trails go along the track that runs to the left of the visitor centre (is a little up the hill (10-20ft higher than car park and follow the bike signs)

Its that obvious my directions will not be needed.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Thanks. That is just the info I need!

First free w/e and ride in months! Wahooo!!!

If anyone sees a lanky 6’2″ ginger bearded man riding purple inbred 29er say hello I may look miserable but that is jsut my face!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Enjoy, I may be there myself. If you see someone moving at a glacial pace or stopping to “check the map” (ie rest) that’ll be me (Blue Cotic or White Transition)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmmm.. Should I pop on over too ??

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,822 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.