Hambini’s GXP roast

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hambini’s GXP roast
  • endomick

Just watched Hambini totally slate Srams gxp and cannondale, amongst others, offensive but hilarious. WARNING! its not for snowflakes.

Premier Icon darkroomtim
    Subscriber

Yes…this…Hambini is ace 🙂

Premier Icon oldnpastit
    Subscriber

Telling people they should go and kill themselves makes me uncomfortable.

Premier Icon simondbarnes
    Subscriber

I’ve only seen one of his videos. He comes across as a complete bellend.

brownsauce

Although a certified engineer , his is still only 1 persons opinion , not gospel.

and yes his BB’s are considerably better than most brands , but thats because his are custom made costing 2-300 quids a piece in comparison to a £40 mass produced item.

his vids are informative but get a bit boring fairly quick

TiRed

I analysed his wheel rim depth aero data he published a while back. Basically it said deeper is a bit more aero (who knew?). But the noise in the study meant you could not rank any two wheels of similar depths against each other. Despite his best efforts. I’m sure his engineering is competent, but his experimental design leaves a lot to be desired.

That’s not unusual in either science or engineering btw.

Andy

Telling people they should go and kill themselves makes me uncomfortable.

Very much this, and some of the sexist “bucket” comments really put me off as well. Shame as a lot of what says is good common sense. Happy with my Snowflakery here 😁

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

I agree with much of what he has to say on modern cranksets/BBs and the way certain things are manufactured…

But he strikes me as having the sort of “career limiting” personality some engineers suffer from. Seeing a good 75% of the rest of his own profession as useless **** who he couldn’t possibly work with and having a massive angry chip on his shoulder means he’s only ever going to be able to work on his own doing high-spec bespoke stuff for people who can tolerate him…

Big-Bud

I briefly worked with him when I had a temporary contract with rolls Royce. 13 years ago he wasn’t anything like what he is in his videos and his personal insults are alarming.no idea what happened he seemed genuinely a nice guy bit something had obviously changed .

Premier Icon seosamh77
    Subscriber

I do love his stuff, great fun! 😆

kerley

I’ve only seen one of his videos. He comes across as a complete bellend.

I watched a second one and can confirm it.

djglover

I think his takedown of GXP is very good. He hasn’t always been that sweary. I guess he just does it to boost his views though, I think it’s a good laugh

Premier Icon Rusty Mac
    Subscriber

He has mentioned in other videos that he has autism. Maybe part of his way or remaining professional at work is by letting it all out on the YouTube videos.

Some of his stuff is quite good, and interesting but it does get frustrating sifting through the mire of vile insults.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

But he strikes me as having the sort of “career limiting” personality some engineers suffer from. Seeing a good 75% of the rest of his own profession as useless **** who he couldn’t possibly work with and having a massive angry chip on his shoulder

Ok, what do we reckon his username is on here then?
    He’s GOT to be a member.

Premier Icon duncancallum
    Subscriber

His language and tone are no worse or better than the majority of any shop floor.

Plus I did think it’s a bit tongue in cheek.

Some interesting points though.

trail_rat

Act for YouTube hits…..

Premier Icon binman
    Subscriber

Have stopped watching as the act has deteriorated…

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Swearing and insults I can handle, there’s a time and a place for them.

He just comes across as someone who likes swearing for the sake of it, like a kid who’s just learnt all the words and it diminishes what constructive criticisms he has. Not that I got to them, as I got bored of all the effing and jeffing.

WARNING! its not for snowflakes

Haha, as soon as I read this I thought to myself I bet it’s a bunch of completely forced and unnecessary Rob Warner-esque swearing and sexism.

No snowflake here, I still believe that a perfectly timed F-bomb or even C-bomb can be comedy genius.

But he strikes me as having the sort of “career limiting” personality some engineers suffer from. Seeing a good 75% of the rest of his own profession as useless **** who he couldn’t possibly work with and having a massive angry chip on his shoulder

I’ve seen this, guys in my company who are probably better engineers than me and resent my being at the same pay-grade as them, but who fail to realise it’s because they are grumpy, unapproachable arseholes!

crikey

He comes across as someone who has led a sheltered life; straight into job after university. If you speak about people like that in real life you should expect a thick ear every now and then.

Probably quite correct in his assessment of modern bicycle marketing dressed up as science tho.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.