Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Halfords goes upmarket with Whistle bikes…
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What does this mean :

About the Whistle Brand

When the craving for adventure and high technology meet, new proposals are born, destined to become legends. Whistles’ claim starts here: a passion without barriers, where freedom reaches out into the territory of advanced engineering research.

Excellent materials and exclusive design to obtain highest performance and maximum reliability. This is how Whistle is faithful to its origins and history, which runs down the Colorado river, making it inviting to reach new sensations and targets.

Allowing oneself to conquer that fascination of wild nature, to be lived together with BORN FOR RUNNING bicycles.

Why BORN FOR RUNNING – does that mean you have to shoulder it to finish the race as it is so unreliable?

And what does “Whistle is faithful to its origins and history, which runs down the Colorado river” mean? Is there a Colorado river in Italy?

The Huron 1160D bike comes with the new Rock Shox Red SL forks, which is nice:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_840239_langId_-1_categoryId_165499#BVRRWidgetID

and the one review is interesting considering the bikes costs 3 grand:

“i bought this product for a gift for my child on his 15th birthday and he had it 2 weeks and somthing wennt rong with the chains, i advise not to get one”

njee20
    Free Member

Rip off. Sod that.

passtherizla
    Free Member

who buys their 15 YO a £3000 bike!!!???

MarkyG82

£3k for XT?!?!?!?!

I’ll stick to a known brand thanks.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Those prices have got to be a ‘mis-print’, surely?

“i bought this product for a gift for my child on his 15th birthday and he had it 2 weeks and somthing wennt rong with the chains, i advise not to get one”

It’s got more than one chain? 😆

bighendo
    Free Member

£3k??, 😆 *cue Homer Simpsons mocking laugh*

andyl
    Free Member

look at the name on the review…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

look at the name on the review…

good point, still someone found it useful from the feedback.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

An overload of marketing BS and Halfords?…

Avoid.

druidh
    Free Member

I assume these will shortly be advertised at 25% off……

cynical – moi?

chakaping
    Free Member

Someone posted this a while ago and several people seemed to think it was reasonable.

😆

julianwilson
    Free Member

druidh – Member

I assume these will shortly be advertised at 25% off……

cynical – moi?

No, the cynic in me says that they will be really great value when Halfords go the way of their Apollo bikes and do them at “50% off”.

highclimber
    Free Member

Quality Seeker – I’d rather spend a little extra on something if I know its going to last

from the review! makes you laugh that they can get away with advertising something for such a high price only to reduce it to a real price that reflects it’s actual value (or not).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Halfords goes upmarket with Whistle bikes…’ is closed to new replies.