Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Guy martins new series – Pushbikes!
  • teenrat

Guy was down at pendine sands in August attempting to hit 100 mph on a pushbike as part of his new series. Should be worth a watch! I have absolutely no idea what the rest of the series is about though!

hora
    Free Member

Probably uses the word ‘Chief’ alot, half talks to himself and does that little laugh (alot) 😆

franksinatra

Will also drink tea and say ‘aahhh, that hits the spot’

Likely to be wearing Hope shorts and/or t-shirt

Onzadog
    Free Member

Bet he was graftin’

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Don’t forget his trusty Camelbak, he seems to drag it everywhere with him like some kind of comfort blanket 😀

trickydisco
    Free Member

reminds me of this

[video]http://vimeo.com/70921986[/video]

amazing

shifter
    Free Member

When is it on?

zippykona

“people have died doing that”

JEngledow
    Free Member

Having watched Closer to the Edge the other night, I just hope he doesn’t feel the need to tell us any more about his self pleasuring!

highclimber
    Free Member

Brilliant vid that, tricky. Can’t wait for his next attempt.

Shorty12
    Free Member

When will it be on?

z1ppy

His FB endorse fan page seems to note upcoming stuff, so I’ve just “liked” it…

tomhoward

Bet there’s an orange involved somewhere ‘cos them boys are proper’

As much as I’ve tried, I can’t bring myself to like him, despite always liking the subject matter of his shows. Makes for tough viewing!

MrSparkle

He’s actually a really nice bloke in real life. No bullshit or airs or graces or owt. Very modest and loves his bikes, motorised or pedal.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Will it be subtitled?

hora
    Free Member

Will it be subtitled?

One thing that annoys me. You can have a Jamaican speaking understandable English but who is subtitled and a Scotsman/etc who I don’t have a scooby-doo what they are saying not.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Pardon?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, what mr sparkle said.
    he’s a genuinely decent bloke, who has a childlike inquisitiveness about anything mechanical/engineering basically.

vickypea
    Free Member

Subtitled? I can’t imagine anyone needing them to understand Guy Martin!

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Worth a look if you haven’t seen it. – Guy Martin at Orange bikes.

swiss01
    Free Member

what are you saying hora? that if i was speaking all you’d hear was meaningless northern squiggles…?

hora
    Free Member

Why? Do you think Im making a racial comment against Scots? Its mainly the Beeb that does this. Annoys me that theyll subtitle a non-Brit speaker sometimes. Anyway.

unovolo
    Free Member

No need for subtitles just don a flatcap settle in to your favourite armchair with a tankard of yer favourite stout an yer’ll be reet.

*make sure you have a quick hand shandy first,according to Guy it helps relaxation.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

He’s like the new Fred Dibnah.

takisawa2

“That’s a smart camera that. I bet that was a few bob that. How much was it ?”

“About ten grand…”

“FOUR COUGH…TEN GRAND!!!”

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Agreed with chunky new fred dibnah
    Top blokes

MrSparkle

How long has Lincolnshire been Northern? And he prefers a brew to ale.

shifter
    Free Member

Since forever.

benji
    Free Member

Top bloke, he even popped into one of our Lincs league crosses this season, had a quick word with him, just a real normal decent lad.

vickypea
    Free Member

He overtook me in a race once!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Mrsparkle, north of Watford gap, is northern.

jekkyl

apologies for linking to another mtb mag but this article is quite good on Guy and Mtbing.

http://www.mbr.co.uk/news/feature-riding-with-tt-ace-guy-martin/

z1ppy

Working Title ‘Speed’ for Channel 4 – Broadcast in 2014

A brand new TV show for Guy in 2014

cookeaa

Check your remote Hora, something like 85% of programs have subtitling available now, there should be a button you can press if you are struggling to understand the dialect…

Although really anyone lacking a reasonable command of the queens English allowed on Teley should be dubbed over, using either Charlotte Green’s voice or the rich lust tones of Neil Nunes, depending on which makes them appear more ridiculous…

I used to work with a Geordie fella who actually spoke very clear understandable English, likewise I hail from Dorset, but don’t actually have any real accent, Our shared, running joke was to quietly ask the person sat next to us if they could understand a word the other person was saying, when they spoke, This never got tired… EVER*

I do like a bit of regionalism myself, its one of the few, just about, acceptable, ‘isms left… and it’s completely different to Racism… honest…

*You probably had to be there…

vorlich
    Free Member

One thing that annoys me. You can have a Jamaican speaking understandable English but who is subtitled and a Scotsman/etc who I don’t have a scooby-doo what they are saying not.

Do they let Scots on the telly now? Apart from in the mandatory Eastenders alcoholic/wife beater role?

ddmonkey

Hora I know what you mean on the subtitling, I have been amazed at some programs recently when “Johnny Foreigner” speaking perfectly clear English with a accent gets subtitled for the hard of thinking hearing while people with heavy regional english accents do not, its bordering on slightly racist.

soulwood
    Free Member

Apparently he’s spent some time with Jason Rourke,son of Brian, making frames. I worked with Jase some years ago and he is a right Stokie. I imagine the conversation will undoubtedly have lots of chief and cracking in it as already mentioned but what’s making me giggle is the stuff Jase will be saying, umm thingy, mate, d’ya know wharra mean love, duck etc. It will be ace.

toys19
    Free Member

As much as I’ve tried, I can’t bring myself to like him, despite always liking the subject matter of his shows. Makes for tough viewing!

For some reason he grates with me too, I’m sure he is nice in person, but that Closer to the Edge DVD makes him out to be a bit irritating.

PS Northern is anywhere north of Tiverton, by Taunton I usually have a nosebleed.

luddite
    Free Member

They let a Scots lass do the weather on that there breakfast show!

binners

The blokes a ****ing legend! To be competing for a win at the TT takes plums the size of watermelons FFS!

Perhaps they could remake his programmes with Kevin McCloud hosting, to get you back in your collective middle class comfort zone 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Guy martins new series – Pushbikes!’ is closed to new replies.