Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Guisborough Forest locals
  • antares
    Free Member

Thinking of heading to Guisborough tomorrow for the first time. Looks like a bit of local knowledge maybe key so does anyone have a nice 15-20 mile route that takes in all the best bits they could share with me? Thanks

tomd
    Free Member

It’s filthy wet at the moment. The best bits will be sketchy as anything and best saved for some drier weather.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The best bits are always sketchy, it’s Guisborough!

Strava heatmaps are your friend, there are no worthwhile climbs so just spin up the fire roads and link the downhills as best you can.

There are more trails over at Captain cooks monument and on the woods on the west side too.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

My lad was there 2 nights ago, said it was a right bogfest. Not a lot of fun (in the dark at least.)

jimob
    Free Member

Nowhere is good along the moors this week. I did a 20 mile loop starting in Osmotherley this wed and it was a muddy quagmire for most of it. That’s why I’m heading to Hamsterley this weekend. Plus, the local trailbuilders take a dim view of people riding the trails when it’s wet in Guisborough.

antares
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies. I have since pulled a route from strava but going on your advice I’ll give it a miss for now.

joemmo
    Free Member

Ditto. Did a ride up on the moors not far from there and had to reroute and stick to the shooting tracks. Some of the unsurfaced routes were just rivers.

Finkill

Spent a couple of hours up there today, at the Hutton Village end of the woods. Wasn’t exactly boggy, surprisingly dry in places. Not sure what it’s like down the other end, I imagine it’s wet up on the moor though.

johnnyl

the local trailbuilders take a dim view of people riding the trails when it’s wet in Guisborough.

But are quite happy to ride and ruin the off piste in Dalby in large groups throughout the winter when most of the locals stay away.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Guisborough Forest locals’ is closed to new replies.