Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Guide R to Guide RE – adapter weirdness
  • bentudder

I’ve just been sold some Guide REs – the older model without the Bleeding Edge port. I’m not too fussed as I have the bleed kit, experience and patience to sort that, and I just want to standardise on the same brake pads and parts across bikes. I’m putting these on my FS bike, swapping out some newer Guide Rs. Except they don’t fit. The RE calipers beach on the disk before they contact the adapters, which are generic +20 adapters.
    I’m slightly at a loss – they’re from the same manufacturers and theoretically, at least, the same sort of fitment. I did see from the SRAM self service site talk of 6mm standoff adapters for Codes and so on – could that be it?

eep

I think Guide RE’s are the old style Code caliper so expect the avid/sram CPS mount. Basically its a cup/cone washer under the caliper/between caliper and adapter

coatesy
    Free Member

As above, I thought we’d seen the end of the arse-ache those CPS washers caused, but they’ve resurfaced on the Guide RE.

bentudder

Joy. Luckily I have loads of these washers from recycling used canti pads back in the day and thinking ‘that might come in handy’ – are these the same thing? If so, cool. I can get those fitted straight away…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.