Home Forums Bike Forum GT85 deals anywhere?

• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Muke.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • GT85 deals anywhere?
  • oldfart

I used to buy half a dozen at a time on Evilbay now they seemed to have decided to show packs of 3 at a good price but when you ask the price is per can ?

Aldi and Lidl don’t have any at the minute, Halfrauds seem the best price at £2.75 a can , have I missed anywhere else?

scuttler

S’alright man, we’re here.

IMG_4530

jkomo

Planet X used to do it, but I can’t be bothered to try and find it sorry.

poolman
    Free Member

2.75 asda, download app you get 5 quid free credit…nearly 2 cans free.

P20

I’ve had the same can for 15yrs. What are you using it for if you’re buying 6 cans at a time?

fatface1
    Free Member

I know it smells nice but…

devash
    Free Member

I bought six cans for a pound each from Aldi or Lidl around 8 years ago and I still have half a can left. 😅

£2.75 sounds alright.

binman

Might not be helpful but I am using the WD-40 liquid in a sprayer atm.

Seems to clean the chain well (shaken in a plastic bottle).

Think it has doubled in price since I bought it.

I have been using coffee filter papers to clean it an reuse it.

bear-uk
    Free Member

The last lot I got was from a local monthly auto jumble near York.

12 tins for £20 about 6 months ago.

zerocool

Trago Mills had them at £1 a can a few weeks ago but you had to go into the shop as they have no online presence.

Coyote
    Free Member

I used to buy half a dozen at a time

Do you need to talk..?

bigblackshed

Halfords at £2.75 a can is the cheapest I can find. You do have to order on the website and then collect to get that price though. They are £4 in store off the shelf.

chakaping

Cheap enough?

spicer
    Free Member

I’m also curious why you need so much, as I’ve also had the same can for years. What do you use it for?

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Does anyone else have issues with the sprayer on GT85 cans, they seem to go iffy and fall off after a few months then only half of the fluid comes out of the nozzle or straw if attached, the rest just fills the recess around it so I need a rag to soak it up.
    I go through a lot of it as I use it for all sorts of things like hinges and spraying it on most tools before putting them away, from bike to gardening tools and plastering trowels etc. I used to get it from Aldi at £2 a can but I’ve not seen it there for a while.

oldfart

Same as @noeffsgiven

I don’t just use it for bikes , just to clarify the time I bought in bulk they were shared with a mate and lasted for years . There were no nefarious goings on 🤔@chapaking ?

Muke
    Free Member

Halfords should price match their own online price, I’ve done it a few times. The problem is finding someone sensible to serve you.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.