Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GRX Shifter Issue
  • k1100t
    Free Member

I’ve been slowly installing all the bits for the GRX groupset to the RAG+. Last thing I need to do is get the 1x setup and running, I’ve followed the instructions for the ST-RX810-R dual control lever and was following the instructions for the RD-RX812 rear derailleur.

When attempting to shift up out of the smallest rear cog, nothing happens. I only get one click on the level, I can’t get the multi-click jump to work at all. Even putting the inner cable under more tension, it doesn’t feel like it’s being pulled at all. I’ve never had dual control levers before, so have no idea about how to diagnose and fix what’s going on.

Can someone point me to a youtube video or something showing how to get this stuff working? Do I need a cable tensioner doofa? Should I just take it to someone who has a clue?

oreetmon
    Free Member

Can’t help but would be interested in an update if you sort it,,,,,,,

New Shimano stuff is on my list after 2Years of problems with my first and last sram (rival) group-set.

rOcKeTdOg

Have you trapped the lever with the rubber hood that usually stops it releasing or pulling cable. Check the cable head is seated properly in the shifter. Do you get clicks when the cable is absent? If no then it might be a fault

scotroutes

If it’s not going past one click then I wonder if you’ve installed the end of the cable into the shifter correctly.

Instruction manuals are all on the Shimano Techdocs website. They’re very good.

k1100t
    Free Member

@rOcKeTdOg it sometimes clicks once, very occasionally it clicks three times. The cable doesnae move either way. I’ll have a look in the morning and make sure the hood is back on properly.

@scotroutes
    I followed the instructions off the Shimano techdocs website…

k1100t
    Free Member

Took all the cables off, put them all back on, following the instructions. It works. No idea what was going on last night. Now going to ride up and down the High Street and grin like a loon.

rOcKeTdOg

Sometimes the cable head doesn’t seat properly, soundss like you sorted it. The GRX lever shape is great for technical stuff much more erganomic than STD road lever shape. Enjoy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GRX Shifter Issue’ is closed to new replies.