Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Great typos of our times
  • MrNice
    Free Member

scroll down to the comments

“Bought a shewee on the back of that experience too but beaver really mastered it……”

tthew

I had a reply to an e-mail just today, subject abridged by an automated reply service that referred to a training course I’m going on

“re: Please confirm your Route Cause Anal” 😯

(missing a “ysis training dates” just in case you were wondering!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Many years ago, in the Grauniad (where else!) the National Trust placed an advert for a Director of Pubic Relations.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I remember an early writing a performance report for a company sales team. The key performance target was the “New Business Count”

The presentation went out to everyone

Northern Region Count : Mr Jones with 49
    Central Region Count : Mr Smith with 52
    Southern Region Count : Mr Laifer with 43

Overall Total **** : Mr Toothill with 69

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There was an O missing betwfore the swear filter caught it. I could have done with a swear filter before sending the report 🙁

MrNice
    Free Member

“re: Please confirm your Route Cause Anal”

(missing a “ysis training dates” just in case you were wondering!)

That’s even better with the route/root typo as well 😆

kevj
    Free Member

I recently sent an email to a client confirming what items are due to be shipped on a particular date, however, I replied whilst out on a bike ride and had stopped in some woods to shelter from the rain.
    Anyway, my stupid cold hands wrote ‘sufficient quantity to fu k a flat rack’.

maccruiskeen

a story in the paper about road development being held up by discover of a rare species of plant on the land the road was intended to pass through. Building was on hold while the site was being ‘surveyed by naturists’.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

My favourite typo isn’t print. Its the woman who had angel in Gothic scrypt tattooed on her back. Tattooist spelt it angle. 😀

Cougar

That’s even better with the route/root typo as well

I dunno, “root” is Australian slang for sex…

Cougar

I once told my girlfriend that I wanted to kick her puppy and then
    dual her aunt.

Damned predictive text.

Cougar

(That joke worked a lot better in 2006 when I wrote it and T9 was commonplace…)

wordnumb
    Free Member

Many years ago, in the Grauniad (where else!) the National Trust placed an advert for a Director of Pubic Relations.

I applied for this, withdrew when they corrected the spelling.
    In this case L really was other people.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ useless hippy…along these lines i met a chap in Greifswald ( former east Germany ) who was telling me about only being able to listen to ‘ western music ‘ underground and had to be very careful of the Stasi ( secret police ). Western music could only be bought on the black-market….etc etc. You get the picture.
    Any way, he showed me the homemade tattoo, on his arm, of his favorite band….Iorn Maiden.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Great typos of our times’ is closed to new replies.