Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Great trailers you have seen
  • Northwind

Was chatting to my brother earlier about a couple of new trailers and since most of the ones we watched are poor (*), we ended up talking about great ones…

(* not that the film will be poor, but the trailer was)

A good trailer’s a great wee film in its own right and there’s been some crackers in the last few years… I propose:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE[/video]

It’s pure distilled Star Wars, you know within about 2 seconds what you’re watching, it does a ridiculous amount of scene setting without just telling you the plot or dumping you with a ton of explanation (see: Dark Tower), it’s got flawless music and it hits every beat of it… Just beautifully done really. It made me want to punch the air or hug someone. And it even included some misdirection to drive the fans mad

And this blew my mind as a kid (and something I don’t think i’ve ever seen done again- back to the future 2 ended, on the VHS release, with the trailer for bttf 3. Which was AWESOME.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW8byynrL9w[/video]

slowoldman

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is from a toy lorry trailer. It’s fantastic.

muddyfunster
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Was chatting to my brother earlier about a couple of new trailers and since most of the ones we watched are poor (*), we ended up talking about great ones…

I’m not sure I agree with that. I certainly believe that there are more good trailers than good films, and in this day and age there’s almost a skewed emphasis on good marketing as opposed to good films. If you can get people through the door then who cares what the film is like – see Suicide Squad or Kong, for example.

I guess if you watch a lot of trailers you definitely start to see some weak ones, but by the by if you’re just taking in the main ones that might pop on on your news feed or on forums like this I think the majority are pretty strong.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I remember my 14 year old self losing my shit to this

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ05q7PnVgQ[/video]

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep I was just going to say Suidice Squad, big flashy visuals and Queen, what’s not to like?

Well the film sadly because they just can’t help themselves, its just another comic book story of a moral quests by people who are torn between good and evil but are also psychopathic killers who do some without a moments pause or regret.

I was ‘over’ comic films 10 years ago, Suicide Squad sucked me in with its devil may care trailer but the film was toss, I for one can’t wait for the comic book backlash so they stop shitting out these big budget reboots of reboots and sequels and make room for something else, anything else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Great trailers you have seen’ is closed to new replies.