• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by a11y.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Great British…. Bike Maker?
  • beej

We’ve had baking, sewing, jewellery making, hairdressing, pottery… what’s next?

I propose “The Great British Bike Maker”, a series of challenges to find the best combined framemaker/mechanic.

The “signature” round, cutting/joining/filing a series of different frame joints.
    The technical challenge, setting up centre pull brakes, doing an internal hose routing, indexing a 3×9 gear set up with no rubbing.
    The showstopper, knocking up a frame for a specific use, e.g. wet woods near Newbury.

What do you think? Worth a pitch to Endemol?

What else could we have a “great british…” for?

tomhoward

They started production a couple of years ago, as soon as some chains and cassettes come into stock, they can finish filming.

teethgrinder

Great British **** Off

Whoever can flick the V’s in the most British way wins.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Whoever can flick the V’s in the most British way wins.

This paratrooper at Arnhem has already won this.

fozzie
    Free Member

Caribbean cooking

The Great British Jerk-off

desperatebicycle

Thought this was going to be about the Brompton programme on Beeb2 last night. Quite interesting for a bike I’d never be interested in owning. Completely hand built and fillet braze (I think that’s what they called it) in London, shipped all round the world. (Strange that the trainer woman called the stem the handlebars, but ho hum, was an interesting prog) We Are England if you wanna find it on iPlayer.

kelvin

Thought this was going to be about the Brompton programme on Beeb2 last night.

Thanks for the heads up! Will get it on iPlayer.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Great British Baby Maker.

Coming to the dormant C5 Tuesday 11pm slot. Hosted by Ron Jeremy, Ben Dover, and someone from Reality TV you’ve never heard of but vaguely recognise from somewhere.

kelvin

There’s a job for Boris Johnson…

stevextc
    Free Member

Great British Baby Maker

Lots of people will be doing that to keep warm this winter

a11y

Lots of people will be doing that to keep warm this winter

I’m fairly sure using babies as a fuel source is illegal, or at least frowned upon.

Great British Switch Off – how many of your OH’s appliances can you find around the house that have been left on or on standby,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.