Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • gravel rides argeles gazost pyrenees
  • karnali
    Free Member

Got a week in the pyrenees staying near argeles gazost, will take a ride up the tourmalet but aslo lookingfor some gravel rides in the area, will normally have around 2-3 hours either morning or evening.

many thanks

wooderson

Gavarnie or the Cirque de Troumouse? Not pure gravel, but a gravel bike would be the an idea bike.

Both absolutely stunning climbs, but pushing 3-4 hours if you staying at the bottom of the valley. I’ve always stayed in Luz

If you are doing the Tourmalet, maybe try getting up to the Pic du Midi via the gravel track that heads north from the Col. At 2,800m, that would be epic!

karnali
    Free Member

ta, i can drive to save a little time, yes got a gravel route up the tourmalet and on to the pic from cyclist magazine i hope to do if i get longer time period

Stainypants

I holiday there all the time. The ride from Col de Couraduque to Col de Soleur is great you could then also go on to the Aubisque on the road. My favourite road ride in the world is from Argeles Col de Spandells Col de Solour, Col D’Aubisque then back via Col de Bordes takes me more than a few hours.

I’m planning to do the gravel ride up Tourmalet next year it looks great. There are tracks along the top of Hautcam that are gravelable also there are loads of way-marked mountain bike routes in the area and the blues and parts of the reds can be done on a gravel bike. I’ll see if I can find the pdf I got it somewhere.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.