Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gravel rash
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a bad one on my shin and it’s really throbbing what’s a good treatment? I’ve cleaned it, put on dettol and covered in savlon pretty much ankle to knee, I don’t mind admitting it bloody hurts even after a shedload of neurofen!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I don’t mind admitting it bloody hurts even after a shedload of neurofen!

Yep it does, try not to stick it to anything….

benji
    Free Member

Wear shorts let it dry out, makes sure it’s clean, then just leave it alone.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I’ve use after shave balm, (nivea sensitive to be exact), in the past to take the sting out of rashes and burns.

Aloa Vera is good too.

chiefgrooveguru

Honey can be helpful. If she’s free…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Loads of Moisturiser over it,keep doing this until it all heals,keep doing it until all is totally healed and there are no scabs.

This is what the hospital said to do with mine when i crashed 7 weeks ago,it was all healed in 2 weeks,barely any scars.

If it drys out and scabs over it itches and scars.

Moisurising keeps it soft and keeps the skin supple

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’s probably a bit late now but go for hydrocolloid dressings on bad road/grit/gravel rash and get it as clean as humanly possible.

See here for the definitive STW thread on the subject: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wound-healing-gravel-rash-specifically-to-cover-or-not

maxtorque

If you’re a compulsive scab picker like me, massive gravel rash is both a fun way to while away a few mins here and there, and often bloody and painfull……. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gravel rash’ is closed to new replies.