Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gravel and Sram / GRX compatibility
  • bri-72

Not the usual cassette and rear mech / shifter question.

SRAM rival 22 front shifter and derailleur (2x) and GRX 2x chainset. Will these work together?
    I guess chainline and mech ‘throw’ the main queries.

On the latter Sram seem to be a 13t movement (I.e. 52-39) compared to 16t shimano (I.e. 46-30). That going to be a problem?

Got full rival group set installed as a 1x just now.

Want to go 2x but sram chainsets got high roadie gearing, also pricey and sram chainsets a PITA to remove.

GRX available as 46/30 and much cheaper too. But will it work with a sram shifter and front mech?

aP
    Free Member

Probably. I’m using a Sugino 44/30 with a SRAM front mech.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Should be fine.
    I had/have Rival22 with a rotor 3d+ crank 25/40 on my Raleigh Maverick. It came with a 34/50 compact. Only issue to check is that the front derailleur cage clears the chainstay when the front chainring is in the low gear.

Daffy

I thought GRX needed a specific front derailleur as the chainline was slightly different?

I’ve hear of many people having difficulties getting GRX chainsets to work with normal road derailleur as they don’t have enough adjustment to get it onto the outer ring.

bri-72

Ta, some more thinking required then.

Just back from 2 days and 160 miles bike packing. And TBH having to push the odd super steep bit was probably a relief and chance to get out of saddle and walk/stretch for a bit. 1x was actually ok and that was 9k ft of ascent.

So got time to do so more research on what will/won’t work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gravel and Sram / GRX compatibility’ is closed to new replies.