Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Granite Design Stash RT: ratchet in your steerer
  • Ben_Haworth

New version of the Granite Design Stash RT fits more forks, has a better pop-out function, and can mount Garmin/Wahoo/Bryton devices.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

Granite Design Stash RT: ratchet in your steerer

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

tomparkin

Can bolt which clamps the headset be tightened from beneath the fork?

ta11pau1

You need a long allen key from the top and one in the bottom

tomparkin

Hmm. Props on the nice pink Moxie in the video 🙂 but I guess that means you can’t tighten a knocking headset on the trail using the tool itself unless you happen to have a long allen key in yer sky rocket.

orena45

Unlike some other steerer-stored multi-tools (OneUp’s EDC being the obvious example), the Stash RT doesn’t require you to take thread-tapper to your fork’s steerer.

Nor does the EDC necessarily, as there’s a threadless version too.

smeear

top tip, Just bash the star nut further down and bolt the Stash unit straight to it. this way you can use a fork cork underneath to carry even more stuff!
    That what ive been doing for the past year or so, works a treat.

will be getting this new version as the old model was a bit to weak for any real heavy jobs

argee

Got the original, never really had to use it on the trail, works well though and easy to fit, this one looks a bit better, so might get this one for the other bike.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

How long is the tool housing bobbsy whatsit?

Quite like the idea of this plus using the space below for something else…

monkeyboyjc

I’ve taken the plunge and ordered one for my latest build, I’ve the older version on my other bikes and they have been great. Just wish there was some kind of chain tool (not the fit in the bar kind).
    Bought the Garmin mount too as this was Def one thing that let the original down.

duncancallum

I’ve that kit in my stash box on the bergamont as standard kit.

Handy to use. Though for reasons I don’t know I still carry a lezanyne and use that…..

ratherbeintobago

That bottom cover is quite neat.

You’d be amazed how much crud ends up inside the steerer…

ndthornton
    Free Member

If only we had such with 1.5in steerers think how much more you could cram in there

monkeyboyjc

Just received and fitted mine, initial impressions are…..
    It’s well made, the ratched is easy to use and the selection of bits it far better than the original stash tool (just wish there was a chain breaker, or quicklink holder too)
    On the down sides…. the magnets aren’t strong enough to hold the bits – I can see myself dropping them on the floor when fumbling with gloves and loosing them trailside. & I don’t get why they couldn’t have designed the top carrier to be threaded enabling a bold to be tightened from the base (upsidedown stem/top cap), this would let you use the tool to tighten the head set. As it stands you need a long 5mm Allen to hold the bolt in possition, fine in the workshop, pain on the trail.

Oh and the Garmin top cap holder is great….😁

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.