Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • GPS for Mtb…..must I spend £100's
  • tymbian
    Free Member

I’m after something I can use for following downloadable trails ( gpx? ) whilst recording my own data…elevation etc

I’ve been looking at the Bryton 50e but it’s still £200+

Is there a lesser option?

Mackem

Android phone and app?

jamiep
    Free Member

garmin dakota 20?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I’ve been using an iphone 4 until now but the GPS is pretty dodgy when you are in the woods (compared to a garmin).

Has anybody used one of these i-gotU gps trackers?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-TRAVEL-TRACKER-ROUTE-WP-WAYPOINT-CAR-CHILDREN-PETS-/201086741597?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ed1b42c5d

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Old android phone, mmtracker app and memory map data which I had anyway.
    Bigger replacement battery, and ability to run off a dynamo hub and it goes for ever. Cost about £60 all in

rene59
    Free Member

Garmin Etrex

winston
    Free Member

Old simless IPhone in a rubber case, Motion X GPS App. Downloaded Opencycle map tiles on the home wireless

Battery lasts about 8 hrs which is fine for most days but am looking on ebay for a Garmin – the 705 seems to be a good buy these days at around £80-100

Conan257
    Free Member

If you can find a 705 in good nick get it.

Otherwise check out my thread on the Motorola defy mini. Mine has been beaten and abused by weather and mud. Works a treat and comes up as a bargain. As long as you don’t mind a little more effort than a £200 gps…

zoo200
    Free Member

Go out explore! get lost, find your way. Then call your parents to come pick you up 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘GPS for Mtb…..must I spend £100's’ is closed to new replies.