Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Gosforth road bike frames
  • stonster
    Free Member

…anyone ever heard of them/got one? Really, really like the look of this… but can’t find any reviews anywhere. Anyone seen them anywhere?

karnali
    Free Member

Saw a protype last year looked really good, rode with the chap who was setting up the business. Drop him an email he was a good guy.

cheers_drive

it will become your go-to steed for long days in the saddle.

I’m out
    Seriously though I don’t like the site but that’s a good price for a 953 frame

stonster
    Free Member

I know. I’ve emailed the guy and he was really helpful. But it would be nice to know someone who’s actually got one

P20

Looks good and local too. I’ve sent it to a mate looking for a new steel frame.

jonba
    Free Member

Well I live in Gosforth and thought it might be a premium range of Joe Waugh frames of M steels but apparently not. They are based just outside the city centre. Not that this help you, don’t know the guy and never seen him on a bike. Suspicious 😉

Joe Waugh Old & New

Posted by m.steel cycles on Thursday, March 3, 2016

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

can’t find any reviews anywhere. Anyone seen them anywhere?

It’s a steel road frame; WYSIWYG

Some slightly odd geometry choices; lack of tyre clearance; lack of guard mounts on the 953 model; awful product photos; no pictures of fully built bikes; £100 extra for some black panels on one of the frames (?); carbon forks should have a carbon steerer; why three stainless frames?

I’m fussy though, if you like it get it bought. There’s plenty of steel frames around for a grand though.

stonster
    Free Member

There’s plenty of steel frames around for a grand though.

Plenty of 953 frames? Where?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Why does it have to be this? Seems a pretty specific criteria for a bike frame.

stonster
    Free Member

Seems a pretty specific criteria for a bike frame.

yeah, maybe. But I’ve got a hankering for the look of stainless and I just like steel frames. Call me old fashioned…

If I’d said it had to be 531 forty years ago no-one would have thought it strange…

STATO
    Free Member

Well I live in Gosforth and thought it might be a premium range of Joe Waugh frames of M steels but apparently not. They are based just outside the city centre. Not that this help you, don’t know the guy and never seen him on a bike. Suspicious

the new Waugh frames are being made by Kevin Winter I believe, he makes some lovely frames having done it all his life, but no one will have heard of him and instead go for the latest trendy brand made by someone who just learnt how to do it but is charging twice the price.

These are obviously a lot cheaper but im not sure why id buy a ‘gosforth’ when you can go direct to xcad or similar and probably get the same thing without the markup for an unknown brand.

mattkkitch

My dad has one that I think is older than me and still looks mint!

psycorp
    Free Member

Why does it have to be this? Seems a pretty specific criteria for a bike frame.

I’d have thought the material a frame is made out of would be one of the main criteria for anyone when deciding what they want, especially for a rigid bike.

sq225917
    Free Member

So are they welded in the Uk, or not? I couldn’t find that specific claim on the website, so do we assume they are pacific rim made to measure?

dovebiker

Frames are made by Ora Engineering in Taiwan – info is on their website.

P20

new Waugh frames are being made by Kevin Winter I believe, he makes some lovely frames having done it all his life, but no one will have heard of him and instead go for the latest trendy brand made by someone who just learnt how to do it but is charging twice the price.

Kevin is a genius. Hadn’t heard he was doing Waughs. My best mate has a couple of his (cross & mtb). Lovely frames

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d have thought the material a frame is made out of would be one of the main criteria for anyone when deciding what they want, especially for a rigid bike.

SRSLY?

Guess it explains all the nodders on cheapo carbon Ribbles that don’t fit them properly 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Gosforth road bike frames’ is closed to new replies.