Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gopro Strap Mount with a Session ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

Anyone use one of these ?

Thinking of buying a session and don’t fancy a Teletubby helmet mount or an Alien chest mount, so this looks like it might fit the bill.

Interested to see if it copes with vibration and the filming angle stays fixed.

gonzy
    Free Member

i bought the session and then bought an accessory kit containing various clamps etc. one of the clamps is one very similar to what you’re looking at.
    in theory it should provide and alternative to the standard helmet mounting option.
    i had a previous action camera which i mounted to the strap of my camelbak and the results weren’t brilliant to be honest…the camera could be heard constantly knocking against my helmet, to keep it secure you’d need to make sure the straps are very tight to restrict the movement…but how tight do you make the straps to the point wearing the camelbak becomes very uncomfortable?

i’ve still yet to find a way of removing the vibrations that make the camera footage look shaky…other than using the helmet and chest mount which seem to be the best options. i also have a wrist mount (the mount can be rotated) which looks good so i’m hoping that will give me an option

hainman
    Free Member

Gonzy I use a bar mount that has next to no vibration,it’s KEdge copy off Amazon for a fiver
    Hundred times better that helmet or Chest mount

hainman
    Free Member

http://m.pinkbike.com/video/423544/
    This trail would rattle the fillings out your teeth

excitable1
    Free Member

I wear an Evoc backpack which is very snug with little or no movement in the pack or indeed the straps. I find it helps prevent back issues as you can position it where you want and keep it there, which is why I was thinking a strap mount would be better and less of a faff than the chest mount. I want to avoid a bar or helmet mount so it’s out the way for crashes.

Anyone else use this style of strap mount with a session ?

excitable1
    Free Member

Bump… no one else then ?

(I promise I’m not going to wear it all the time and spend ages trail side faffing, I was picking it up for a trip to Spain and more epic days !)

MoreCashThanDash

*rereads thread title*

😳

*Backs away, disappointed*

CraigW
    Free Member

Looks like a cheap copy of the Peak Design Capture POV. https://www.peakdesign.com/product/clips/capturepov/

Which can work pretty well in my experience. It does depend on the rucksack strap, and how much it moves about. I think a sternum strap can help a lot. The Peak Design clip includes an extra stabiliser pad, which may reduce vibration.

Its less faff than wearing a GoPro chest strap as well as a rucksack anyway. Plus it lets you position the camera a bit higher up on your shoulder, which could give a better view.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gopro Strap Mount with a Session ?’ is closed to new replies.