Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Google/YouTube 80s advert challenge… anyone up to it?
  • munkster
    Free Member

Someone was trying to recall an 80s advert and I immediately started singing it, much to their delight. We are now trying to locate the actual advert, more to prove definitely aren’t imagining it. As is the way these days, are *sure* it must be out there on the internet but I have so far turned up a blank after only a mildly concerted effort. Can anyone find it on YouTube or whatever?

It’s the one that goes: “Seven… We run on Economy 7… Cheaper electricity… Heaven…!” – more than that I can’t recall.

I am hoping that the vast majority of people will just walk on by and not waste any more time on it, but there may be one of you who just can’t pass up the challenge 😀

munkster
    Free Member

So literally no one cares about this as much as me?? I am shook. Shook I tell you! 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

I think Eileen Bilton has a copy.

Cougar

I think they might have been “heat electric” adverts if that helps your googling any.

munkster
    Free Member

Thanks, still nothing. It may remain elusive 😉

midlifecrashes

Well I’ve had a mildly entertaining half hour looking for it, but nothing with the song. Any more clues? LIve action? Cartoon? Creature Comforts? National or regional?

munkster
    Free Member

Hehe yeah, this compilation has kept me amused for a bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni77PBKVZwQ – some absolute belters in there.

I really can’t remember the details, but maybe it was actually the storage heaters singing the song? Hence the first person lyrics? I may be totally misremembering those too, of course.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Google/YouTube 80s advert challenge… anyone up to it?’ is closed to new replies.