Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Good ride from Bakewell?
  • Mugboo

My mates missus has asked if we can meet her hubby in Bakewell for a ride as a birthday suprise. I’ve done plenty of rides in the dark peak but never considered going that far down.

So, recommendations ladies & gentlemen, please.

Quite a bit of good stuff locally, but nothing I’ve got mapped – you have to end with the mini-DH course above the golf course/Station Rd though

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Here’s a route: http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk/routes/1-the-peak-district/12-eyam-a-bakewell.html

(I haven’t ridden it yet so can’t comment on how good it is!)

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

Try this ? I’ve not ridden down there lately so can’t comment on what the recent wet weather has done to the trails around Bakewell, or what mischief DCC have been up to. Neither will have been good 😉

Mugboo

That sounds like it might do the trick, he’s not a regular mountain biker but does ride a road bike most weekends so nothing too testing. Although, mini DH sounds interesting….

Onzadog
    Free Member

I consider myself a regular in the Peak District. Right now, it wouldn’t even cross my mind to ride in the White Peak. Pretty much everywhere will be a gooey mess.

sprocker
    Free Member

It is very wet but the stuff over to eyam and longstone is fine so I would stick to that side.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

When are you doing it? can show you around if you want?

FOG

The ‘brilliant descent’ mentioned in the Mountainbikerides site is now the infamous gravel motorway that has annoyed so many people! Otherwise it should be reasonably dry ( everything is relative )

Mugboo

Cheers chaps, that route says good winter route, so presumably it’s a good choice. It doesn’t need to be thrilling, it’s more of suprise meeting with a mate we don’t see too often than a great ride.

Rob, that’s a kind offer but I think it would bore your pants off. I would love to take you up on the offer next year though, if that’s ok? Bit further north?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no probs – email in profile

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I would start on the monsal trail to millers dale station, turn right out of the station and down the hill, right at the end , on the main road for about 150yard, sharp left up the steep track to brushfield, 1/2 a mile and left again, climb up to priestfield, left down the track, follow bridleway to brushfield, down to the monsal trail and onto the viaduct, back on the trail to hassop station for a brew, into hassop village and right along the plantation, across and up to Pilsley, right out the village, left turn up the hill and down bakewell golf course dh

sprocker
    Free Member

Good little route that

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Good ride from Bakewell?’ is closed to new replies.