• This topic has 36 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Good job I’m “Captain Slow” when I’m driving. Nice Tractor Though ;-)
  • redthunder
    Free Member

….if was going any quicker I would of been squashed 🙁

matt_outandabout

South Glos. Runaways?

hodgynd
    Free Member

That’s an everyday occurrence where I live ..throw a healthy dose of forestry logging vehicles into the mix for even more excitement and it could be the road from Kielder to Hexham in N.W.Northumberland 😁

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’s that the sort of thing people with dash cams get upset about 😱

….if was going any quicker I would of been squashed 🙁

But it wasn’t going quicker and you were not squashed.

Can the tractor driver do you for slander?

Mister-P
    Free Member

You would HAVE been squashed.

sharkbait
    Free Member

That’s actually not a ‘big’ tractor.
    I have two farming contractors within 1km of my house and the tractors are massive…. Send you up onto the verge when they’re coming the other way!

And that’s before we start talking about the proper big kit!

They don’t hang around either.

rsl1
    Free Member

Be surprised if they weren’t on their phone there

136stu
    Free Member

Be surprised if they weren’t on their phone there

Aye, and a Ginsters in his other hand no doubt.

DezB
    Free Member

Dickheads driving tractors round these parts have almost squashed me on my bike a couple of times. My fault though, obvs, cos I’m stupid and don’t listen/learn.

IdleJon

😂 You really thought it was worth posting a tractor going around a corner?

maxtorque

If you’d been going a LOT quicker then you wouldn’t have arrived at that corner at the same moment the tractor also did, so you’d have been fine that way too!

#makeprogress 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

Chill guys (the grammar cops above)
    Wish I was perfect like you 😉

…eat cake 🙁

ElShalimo

@redthunder – I’d have thought with your appreciation of all things “tractory” you’d have slowed down anyway to admire it

😜

takisawa2

There are some knobs but I’m always mindful I’m on their territory, in their workplace.
    I’d not be happy if I found a tractor blocking the photocopier.

cookeaa

null

hols2
    Free Member

grtdkad

Stunning brakes and tyres on Neuville’s car but I’m going to say that the tyres will be flat-spotted now. Very lucky.

OP, I’m slightly underwhelmed tbh
    My worst recent experience was one of those big buggers fully locked-up and sliding towards me, a tad sideways on a single track lane 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Looks like a 6MC series Deere like the one I used to drive every day…

Bloody awful things!

flange
    Free Member

6150r isn’t it? I quite like em..

slowoldman

I reckon he was merely “making progress”.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Nah, it’s definitely a 4 cylinder so not a 6150R (drove one regularly too)…

tthew

I’m going to hazard a guess that was a lot closer than it looked. Wide angle lenses on dash-cams make everything look miles away!

donald
    Free Member

Wish I was perfect like you

Wish I were perfect like you

redthunder
    Free Member

It tested my ABS.

Your all right the video does not really show how close it was.

The pair of them in the cab did’nt give a shit. But hey, who does on the road these days.

redthunder
    Free Member

I’m getting fed up with this forum and its grammar cops.

I know you’ll all correct this.

I’m off. I wish I could delete my account sometimes.

Princess signing off.

mulacs

Flouncetastic!

redthunder
    Free Member

Scratch that. Just a sulky tired reaction.

All my life people have been correcting my grammar etc.

Its hard work coping with Dyslexia.

RT

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Can I suggest a Chrome plugin called Grammarly? 😉

Drac

Just ignore them or laugh at what you’ve actually type like what I do. Don’t install Grammarly it’s a horrible and intrusive bit of software.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Don’t install Grammarly it’s a horrible and intrusive bit of software.

I was only trying to make light of the situation hence the wink.

DezB
    Free Member

Redthunder, you’ve been here long enough to realise its all (well, mostly) bants from people who think they’re funny. Even if they’re not, none of it should be taken seriously.

theotherjonv

Scratch that. Just a sulky tired reaction.

Going OT (sorry) but genuine question…..is that (‘poor’ grammar / not knowing the difference between would of and would have, their there and they’re; lose and loose, and those similar common mistakes) actually dyslexia?

I don’t consider my son dyslexic, as his spelling is generally pretty good, no issues with sentence structure / use of capitals and punctuation, and so on; but has a blind spot on these sorts of confusions and no matter how many times we correct them it makes no difference. And they can read fine (although they don’t read enough and so are behind a bit in my opinion on vocab and comprehension)

Likewise your spelling, punctuation, etc is pretty good (which might of course be as a result of spell check or whatever and I haven’t extensively stalked your posting history to judge that)

Apologies if that is prying / personal but I’m just having an ‘I wonder’ moment……

Drac

There are different forms of dyslexia mine I miss words out, use words that sound similar and yes as you say no matter how times I’m told some grammar it does not register. I can often see other people’s mistakes, bad grammar and typos but I can sometimes no matter how many times I read it not see mine.

theotherjonv

interesting – thanks.

Drac

To expand. Part of the reason for bad grammar in my case was the lack of support that schools gave, I was identified with it at school. Their answer was to put me in the lower sets for English, ‘thick class’ for the want of a better phrase. There was little support given in those and as well known those with with dyslexia are often very intelligent. But without the right instruction I was never going to grasp it.  High school was marginally better but still poor.

Reading can sometimes be a pain, I take things literal that aren’t and completely get the opposite from what a sentence or paragraph is saying. Then there’s the opposite I can read a book once and grasp everything in it instantly and don’t forget. Another thing which also effects oral communication and written is recalling a word, I can go blank on the simplest of words.

It’s frustrating as it means I can be inarticulate at times especially when tired. Advantages I seem to have is recall of general knowledge and numbers, as well as working out basic maths in seconds. I watch a quiz show and smash out the answers but ask me to tell me in detail about the subject, no chance.

DezB
    Free Member

I would think, just because you’re not good at something, doesn’t mean you have a particular disorder. Though these days they do seem to try to give a name to everything. (I mean “you” in general, nobody specific)
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/dyslexia/types/
    doesn’t mention grammar ( rugby is on so I only quick-scanned it).

Drac

I would think, just because you’re not good at something, doesn’t mean you have a particular disorder. Though these days they do seem to try to give a name to everything. (I mean “you” in general, nobody specific)

No they don’t that’s rubbish.

doesn’t mention grammar ( rugby is on so I only quick-scanned it).

No it might not but struggling to read and write means it’s harder to learn grammar, is a consequence of dyslexia.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Good job I’m “Captain Slow” when I’m driving. Nice Tractor Though ;-)’ is closed to new replies.