• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by geex.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Golfie trails- some info please..
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

We’ve been a few times, but seem to fall into riding the usual suspects (3G, Community, Flat White, Splash n Dash). Heading down tomorrow with a view to riding some of the others. Can anyone give us some feedback on what to expect regarding the following trails;

Aussie Rules
    Jawbone
    Waterworld
    Jawbone
    No Social
    Feed the Pony
    Ray Ling

Not looking for anything too crazy but happy to have a progressive hit list and see how we feel on the day. Oh, and if there is anything special that I’ve missed from the above we’d certainly consider it!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Waterworld will be wetter than the other wet trails.

geex
    Free Member

want a guide?
    I’m heading down tomorrow morning anyway and know all those trails well and would have no problem describing them as I climb.
    Doing Auzzie, Jawbone and waterworld one after another is a lot of climbing round the hill
    Easier to do Pony after those and drop into Walkerburn then swing by traquair side of the valley to do some more trails or back along the tweed if too knackered.
    There’s no way i’d do full pony AND no social EVAR in one ride (not stopping you like, it’s just one hell of a push) no Social then little pony would work though. l’il pony arguably is the best half anyway.
    Ray ling is the other side completely. have a feeling the entrance off the fireroad might be blocked too.

is there a reason for choosing those trails in particular?
    New/lone/loam wolf has been running amazing
    as is Big Baw
    As will be Spacker/Awkard little **** (it always is)
    If i’m alone I’ll probably do most of those and a few others. I never plan a route, just make it up depending on mood.

lucky7500

As will be Spacker/Awkard little **** (it always is)

I can confirm that they, and in fact everything on the Traquair side, are riding beautifully today.

geex
    Free Member

@Lucky7500

how high up does the the snow begin on the fireroads now it’s warmed up?
    (assuming they’re still white?)

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

They are just trails we haven’t ridden_ no plan to do all in one day! Just looking for a few that work as a loop of sorts without massive slogs upwards!

I’ll pm you geex

lucky7500

geex, all the snow has gone from the fireroads now. There are some large patches of ice on the stretch where angry sheep etc start but as long as you take it easy they all seem to be passable!

geex
    Free Member

Cool.

Thanks both

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Golfie trails- some info please..’ is closed to new replies.