Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Golf pads and discs price?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Turns out I need new pads and discs on front of Golf. Need them doing ASAP – left message with trustworthy local one-man-band local mobile mechanic….no idea of cost but I’ll hazard a guess at £230 all in (not vat registered)….chip in if you fancy a punt 😉

jam-bo

Just paid £299 fitted on the back of my Subaru, So £230-£250 for a golf is probably about right.

mattyfez

Depends what size disks they are … And what make they are fitting.

Fancy brembo sport brakes or run of the mill stuff from ECP ..

rascal
    Free Member

It’s a 13 plate 2.0 TDI GT – nothing fancy. Won’t be Brembo that’s for sure 😉 Still on original brakes all round which is pretty good after 79k miles.

wrightyson
    Free Member

245 all in with him making about 130 for his labour.

johnners
    Free Member

BMW main dealers will do discs and pads on a 2 litre of about that vintage for £299 and I bet they’re making money even though they’ve dual receptionists, a plethora of shiny-suited shysters and a lounge/coffee area easily as big as their servicing bays to support. So 200 from a trustworthy local would sound about right to me. Though TBH I’d pay what my guy round the corner asked for because I trust him and he’s gone the extra mile to help me out more than once.

mattyfez

I’d say it’s a two hour job tops, and that’s being generous . If they charge £50ph labour then is a hundred quid plus parts.

So £200 all in.

breninbeener

eurocarparts and spend a fun 90mins doing it yourself…..

richen987
    Free Member

just had mine done (61 plate GT) at local garage (not VW) £198. had various quotes between 180-340

so seems reasonable

mikertroid
    Free Member

I replaced the rear discs and pads on my BMW E91 for £130. Took a couple of hours. I’d imagine similar for the golf

carlos
    Free Member

£200 all in and if your lucky some change from an Indy.

Local (Macclesfield) guy to me replaced 2x rear discs, 4x sets of pads and 1x rear caliper on my 08 Golf GT and was £265.00 all in (no vat)

Carlos

ross980
    Free Member

My previous car (Mk6 Golf) needed front disc & pads. VW wanted £260. Local garage was £150ish. Mobile Mechanic quoted £140. Took it to local garage as the was some bits I need them to look at. My guess: £150

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d say £150 too, assuming it’s not go GTI/D spec brakes, but I doubt it.

Fronts are always cheaper than rears despite being bigger.

yeha
    Free Member

I always find the part no. for the Mintex front set. Look on ebay. Will be well under £100 for discs and pads. My Arosa was £51. An hour for the lot if I’m being lazy.

takisawa2

My normally sensible priced Indy wanted £290 for my 14 year old Galaxy!!!

£90 from the net & I’ll get round to it at some point. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Golf pads and discs price?’ is closed to new replies.