Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • going grey
  • nickhit3
    Free Member

found my first couple of grey hairs at the temples yesterday. I am 35 years old. (two v young children- 2.5yr old and 3 month old, married, mortgage etc)

might as well end it all now right?

cheer me up with some grey hair anecdotes/insults.

cynic-al
    Free Member

49, not bald or grey yet (no kids/wife obvs 🙂 undemanding job too 😀 ) faiing in other areas also

perchypanther
    Free Member

It doesn’t hurt and you should be glad still to have hair.

MTFU 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t dye your hair, nothing looks more obvious.

TBH I think a bit of grey hair on a bloke gives an air of seniority and experience. Flying around Africa with dodgy airines I’m always pleased if I glance left into the cockpit and see grey hair.

lunge

First grey hair on your head is one thing, first one downstairs is another think altogether.

johndoh
    Free Member

two v young children- 2.5yr old and 3 month old

Get rid of the kids or get used to the grey hair. I was a tiny bit grey when my twins were born. 9 years later and I am full Philip Schofield. But I don’t mind really – I sometimes think I prefer it to my old dark hair and it is certainly preferable to having none.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

49 with greying beard since about 40,

black dark brown hair, have no grey hair in head and  have arguments with various people I work with about how I must dye my hair.

never bothered me about the beard but enjoy my bald, side grey and ginger work mate getting almost ready for a fight about it😃

4130s0ul
    Free Member

whatever you do do not go full Rob Warner, it’s not big or clever (or subtle)

and what’s with moaning about grey hair, its the random back/ear/anywhere else hair you want to worry about. like nowadays my haircut includes the eyebrows!

rene59
    Free Member

Been bald since my early twenties but have plenty of grey facial, nasal and ear hair as well as chest and pubes. Don’t mind it.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Got my first grey hairs while I was still at school!

Embrace it……because chicks dig it

Tiger6791

It’s the grey nostril hairs that are the worst!

You’ll need pliers to get them out and they appear overnight.

Basically something akin to this in tenacity and tensile strength thats actually attached to your brain.

hedley
    Free Member

I’ve had dreads for 10+ years (now waist length) and I’m thinking it’s time to get them cut and embrace the grey coming through.

Tough decision.

ads678

I’m 42 and my kids call me Badger Beard!

How long is your hair OP? Shave it short and you can’t see the grey hairs for years.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I have a few greys in the beard. The hair is just dissappearing though so don’t worry about that much.

brakes
    Free Member

I was you 5 years ago. Probably about 1% grey now, mainly on sides.

In truth it bothers me a bit, but not enough do anything about it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Me earlier today..

Wife says “don’t dye your hair, you’ll look stupid” I reckon I look fine… whatchfink??

cynic-al
    Free Member

whatever you do do not go full Rob Warner, it’s not big or clever (or subtle)

Quite, a quick image search established that he is great proof of:

Whatever you do, don’t dye your hair, nothing looks more obvious

Why can’t they see this?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Hedley, as someone who had dreads down to their backside i’ll say it’s a liberating feeling cutting them off but it takes a lot of getting used to as that’s quite some weight you’ll have become accustomed to atop your noggin. i felt like i was walking like Mr Soft from the Trebor advert 🙂

fasthaggis

OP

Don’t worry about the grey hair,celebrate the fact that ,even though you are plug ugly,you still managed to convince someone to procreate with you…Hurrah  😉

hedley
    Free Member

Yeah, I imagine. Would feel very odd. My wife has just cut hers off and they were just as long as mine.

She cut them fairly short then we spent a few days combing them out. She was able to retain shoulder length hair and after spending rather a lot of money having a proper cut by a posh hairdresser looks pretty damn good.

I’m also worried that none of my bike helmets will fit..

Nico
    Free Member

TBH I think a bit of grey hair on a bloke

How do you know the OP is a bloke?

johndoh
    Free Member

Don’t worry about the grey hair, celebrate the fact that ,even though you are plug ugly, you still managed to convince someone to procreate with you…

Yeah, but that was *before* he was grey. Ain’t got no chance of of getting any now 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t dye your hair, nothing looks more obvious

TBF, my wife has her hair dyed (she really can’t accept the fact she is going grey and it really does upset her) but you really can’t tell. But she does have it done professionally (she has to as she started to get allergic reactions to the DIY stuff) at great expense. Still, it makes her feel more comfortable with her appearance so that’s fine by me.

Personally I used to dye my hair all sorts of colours (either at the hairdressers or at home) but stopped as soon as the grey started to appear as I didn’t want it to look like I was hiding something.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’m 40, my hair is just about a complete silvery white now! found my first grey hairs when I was about 25! I’m still got a full brown/ginger bread though apart from 2 odd go faster stripes on my chin, and brown eyebrows, tis an odd look! 😆

andy4d

No idea how much grey I have. No doubt a fair bit but a grade 1 all over makes it hard to tell.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Going grey would have been luxury, lost most of my hair by the time I was 24.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

My knuckle hairs are going grey

Harry_the_Spider

49. Wife and 2 kids. Bald and the hair that I have left is grey.

Same waist size as when I was 18 though.

angeldust
    Free Member

Whatever you do, don’t dye your hair, nothing looks more obvious.

Yeah, can be a sure fire way to look like a complete tool.

angeldust
    Free Member

Been bald since my early twenties but have plenty of grey facial, nasal and ear hair as well as chest and pubes. Don’t mind it.

I think the lady protests too much

Do you not like people slapping your bald head, Benny Hill style?

funkmasterp

Bald since late teens, but not a grey hair in the beard at 41. I’d love the chance for my head hair to turn grey 😕

rOcKeTdOg

I’d happily swap grey hair for no hair

Sandwich

Grey chest hairs, check.

Grey eyebrow hairs, check.

Odd grey pube, check.

Come back when these have appeared and I may show some sympathy. 😉

slowoldman

Grey hair, no hair. Who cares?

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider

49. Wife and 2 kids. Bald and the hair that I have left is grey.

Same waist size as when I was 18 though.

Mmmmmm maybe 🤔

mechanicaldope

37. Probably 60% grey now and was early 20s when I first started. Would blame the kids but they only came along when I was 30. Maybe it was ghosts?

ta11pau1

Been going grey since my late 20’s, now 37 – beard (if you call it that!) is also mainly grey. I’m not into the grey pubes zone yet, thank god!

I have noticed a large increase of nose and ear hair though!!

footflaps

I went totally grey (well more white) in my 30s.

Still think I have dark hair though, every time it gets cut or I see myself in a photo, I’m surprised that my head is white!

breadcrumb

38 and a few greys appeared a while ago. It’s the lack of thickness at the back that’s a bugger. Still if it carrys on thinning it’ll just get cropped back to stubble, it’ll save me going to the hairdresser’s again!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Full head of silver on top ..grey chest area..pure black beneath down to the pubes which is interspersed with grey ..not bothered in the slightest ..however the odd eyebrow grey ..that gets to me a bit ..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘going grey’ is closed to new replies.