Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Goggles with a normal helmet
  • rickonwheels
    Free Member

Oh, just to be clear I don’t genuinely care what I look like when i’m mountain biking, especially in the winter where most of the time I look like i’ve been bog snorkelling anyway 🙂

I ride in all weathers, and I seem to spend all winter with eye infections…

Screwfix tomorrow…

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Anybody got a Giro switchblade on the go? My current lid is not goggle freindly so thats a great excuse to cop one of these i rekon.

northernsoul

Nope, I use them to keep mud (and UV when glasses) out of my eyes, safety doesn’t come into it (other than not having shit glasses that shatter at the drop of a hat).

That sums me up too (for glasses anyway). At work though (science labs) all our glasses are impact rated and I’ve seen in training videos what can happen when they aren’t. I also remember seeing an article somewhere about some chap with fake glasses having a nasty injury. Ahhh, found it:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/club-rider-warns-of-dangers-of-counterfeit-oakleys-saying-he-was-lucky-not-to-be-blinded-in-crash-327144

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Bump.. So ten months after I posted that, I never went to screwfix, but did pick up some Oakley O-FRAME MX goggles for £26.

Two hour-long rides in rain and utter filth, lots of pedalling, some slow slogs uphill and stopping to rest etc. and, surprisingly, zero fogging so far.

Both rides i’ve put them on a the start of the ride and not taken them off till the end.

Well chuffed, and I look badass, not stupid, badass 😉

orangespyderman

Anybody got a Giro switchblade on the go? My current lid is not goggle freindly so thats a great excuse to cop one of these i rekon.

I have. It’s quite warm… I only really use it in the Alps and rarely take the chin off it. It looks a bit special without the chin since and looks a bit more like an open face motorbike trials helmet than a bike helmet. I assume since you were considering goggles with a regular helmet you don’t particularly care what you look like anyway 😉

EDIT : Just realised this is a resurrected thread from a few months ago. Anyway, comments still hold true for future posterity 🙂

isitafox
    Free Member

I bought the Oakley O frame MX goggles to wear with my Decathlon enduro lid and the first thing I noticed when I opened the box this morning was how tight they are, even more so when you wear them with the helmet!
    Anyone else feel like their nose is getting crushed?

mashr

You have loosened them off haven’t you?

isitafox
    Free Member

Yeah fully adjusted

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Goggles with a normal helmet’ is closed to new replies.