Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 170 total)
  • Go with the Flow: Leith Hill video
  • Dango
    Free Member

It helped though 😆

Sonor
    Free Member

I don't like Y-Fronts because sometimes my pen1s pokes out of the "Y" and rubs on my slacks".

I shall bow to your greater knowledge of wearing Y-fronts and hope that one day you shall find peace in the form of the right underwear to make you feel most comfortable.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Dango was easy, getting Bubbakins off the log plop, now that took some shouting. Look at him now though, living the life of a Canadian bike bum in his wife's pay packet.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Sod it tomorrow AM I'm going to deliverance and I'm going to skid all the way down it repeatedly just because I can.

Then I'm off to dig a big f'ing lip onto the bomb hole at the start of Barrys.

They're mine I tell you, all mine…

sootyandjim
    Free Member

They're not there. Poor at spelling and riding, is there any hope?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Whoops.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Should Barrys have an apostrophe?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Piss off!!!

joolsburger
    Free Member

Everyone's a critic these days.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i'm a complaints critic and these people moaning are rubbish at it. 1/10. i guess everyone has to start somewhere, but you're ruining the whinging for the rest of us. you should create some man made posts to moan about.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I would just like to point out that I asked a question and it was not a criticism. However, if it does turn out that it's Barry's section of singletrack or whatever, then yes, in an ideal world it should have an apostrophe, but this isn't an ideal world, it's Singletrackworld – boom boom.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Never the less I am still going to stick a lip on that bombhole, fnarr, fnarr.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Barry's bombhole? You're welcome to him 😀

brakes
    Free Member

Whenever I go to Leith all I can ever find is the tower and the bloody cricket pitch, oh and Telegraph Road but that's shite now anyway. So I wouldn't worry too much about over-use. Everyone's down the bus stop at Peaslake or reluctantly buying tubes from Nirvana.

I've forgotten what my point was.

I don't think I had one.

Much like everyone else I guess.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

You can buy tubes in Peaslake now.

And telegraph road isn't on Leith Hill. You also sound like you need a guide if that's all you can find (or an optician).

duntmatter
    Free Member

i'm a complaints critic and these people moaning are rubbish at it. 1/10. i guess everyone has to start somewhere, but you're ruining the whinging for the rest of us. you should create some man made posts to moan about.

😆 8)

I liked the video, BTW.

njee20
    Free Member

I'm always stunned at the number of people who do have to stop and look at that bombhole at the top of BKB (avoiding any apostrophe related faux pas), there often seem to be groups peering cautiously down it!

El-bent
    Free Member

Bombhole on BKB? What bombhole?

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

Deliverance is the most over-hyped piece of crap in the UK. It's just a steep bit with some roots on. The chicken run is a thousand times nicer to ride. Do you know how it got it's name? It's not because of the tin shack at the bottom but because a fat boy got bummed there.

MrSmith
    Free Member

evidently planning permission has been granted for a cafe selling expensive cappuccinos and macchiatos by day and a wine bar by night at the bottom of Barry Knows Best. this should see the rider demographic of the area improve greatly. those nasty shouty downhilling freeriders give mountainbiking a bad name.

jedi

🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Bombhole on BKB? What bombhole?

Well it's not even a bombhole there's a shallow roll in at the top, turns right at the bottom onto the bit that actually traverses the hill side.

Dango
    Free Member

njee20, I've just read your advice on leg shaving:

It's easier for massage, if you use warm up oil or anything, it stops mud sticking to your legs, and it makes your legs look more toned. It's a fair bit of faff to keep them looking nice though, every day or two.

Warm up oil, WTF, who do you think gives a sh1t if your legs look toned, was it you that got bummed at Deliverance?

njee20
    Free Member

That was very much a tongue in cheek comment dear boy.

Not wrong with warm up oil though, only for racing admittedly, but useful if you're likely to be standing around in the cold a long time before you actually race.

Anywho, what's got your back up? Are you one of the people often found peering over the roll in on BKB?

Edit: as an aside, as it was apparently a 'fat boy' who got bummed that excludes me sadly, however as you describe yourself as a "clumsy and heavy rider", was it your arse that got invaded?

Dango
    Free Member

Yep, do you think if I shaved my legs, got lubed up and bought an Epic I'd be able to get to your standard

njee20
    Free Member

Yes it was your arse that got invaded? Quite an admission on a public forum. Well done. 🙂

I'm not quite sure what I've done to upset you, is it your time of the month?

Dango
    Free Member

It was you that bummed me wasnt it Mr Evans

njee20
    Free Member

Now we're REALLY down to 8 year old humour. How mature.

If you have actually got all sensitive because you're one of the people who stands at the top of that roll in, and you ride an SX-Trail then you are a moron. I appreciate that to some novices it may be a bit daunting, but you don't strike me as the sort of person who would classify oneself as a novice!

njee20
    Free Member

Oooh, it's a cheeky edit to get my name in there, nice 🙂

Would you like to go for a ride sometime, we can settle our differences away from here, and perhaps I can show you how not to ride like a 4 year old, and that's rich coming from me.

doris
    Free Member

😀

i love these threads, especially this one with the return of stoppadoodledoo!

good to see you guys on sunday dango, did james get the second jump in the end?

iainaiainaiain

Dango
    Free Member

Yep, he did all of it, then we headed over to Deliverance for some bum action

njee20
    Free Member

Oh, have you given up on childish name calling 🙁

woodsman
    Free Member

Calm down it's only a ……[Michael Winner stylee]

It's so busy at BKB etc etc because all the features in magazines(MBR probably – why not get an MBR beating in too) and websites IMO. Don't think I've seen anyone at 'all the pies' 'two head dog' or 'fat Jim' but then they haven't been featured in mags, or on trailbuilding sites ans they're natural. I only use BKB as access to the shop for refreshments. I think BKB is ruined now anyway, there are so many options/lines that it spoils the flow – sorry trailbuilders, just my opinion – and I don't understand 'de-berming'. Surely if a berm has been created through use, that is the line, people will keep to the line, destroy it and that's why we have multiple lines all over the place, THAT is more erosion?

Dango
    Free Member

I agree, BKB used to be better, never great, but better

njee20
    Free Member

All the trails used to be better IMO!

The new line of Yoghurt Pots is sensible and makes it more suitable for the people that will insist on riding it all year round but the line of 5-6 years ago was more fun.

Most of the other trails just don't flow in the same way they used to, too many people on big bikes skidding their way through everything. I guess it's a good thing it's so popular, but still…

woodsman
    Free Member

It means that more trails are being discovered in other parts of the vast Surrey Hills.

njee20
    Free Member

There's a couple of good bits on Winterfold which seem to have appeared fairly recently, I'm often amazed how many people you see on Leith/Holmbury and no one on Pitch or Winterfold.

Anyone doing that Orienteering event this Sunday up there?

glenp
    Free Member

On deberming: If the naturally formed berms aren't taken out every now and then they just catch water, form puddle, and then a new line will appear. A built berm is different – you design it so that water flows away from it.

On the multiple lines of BKB: Unfortunate consequence of very high usage. Worst bit is the fall-line at the end, but that will soon be put beyond use with a new ending being built.

On Yogurt Pots being less fun: What? Whatever. It's really fast and flowy now! It would not have lasted as it was anyway.

Dango
    Free Member

I like most of the new bits on YP inc your berm at the end, not impressed with the non bermed bits before the pointless mini table though

The parts that go around the wet spots are great though

glenp
    Free Member

Pointless mini table was due to be made more biggerer and less pointless, but haven't had the chance to do so yet.

Flat corners – well it is nice to have some corners that need skill isn't it? They can all be rolled without brakes. If you're good enough!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 170 total)

The topic ‘Go with the Flow: Leith Hill video’ is closed to new replies.