Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Go to baggy shorts
  • StuF

After finding holes in the seat of my endura shorts, what’s peoples go to baggy shorts? Usually I wear them over some lycra padded shorts so they don’t need a liner and preferably the cheaper end of the market.

Any experience of the Dare2b or Silvini shorts on SportPursuit?

thanks

joepud
    Free Member

I would say Fox if you’re fancy and not that tall, TLD if you can find a good deal but my personal favourite is Nukeproof love their stuff. Perfect balance of price, quality and fit.

baggsie
    Free Member

Decathlon hiking shorts.

stevehine

I’ve got three pairs of Alpinestars; good cut and comfy on and off the bike. I tried some Dare2b – and whilst they fit ok; they split on the seams after about 9 months. Maybe I was just unlucky though !

bigblackshed

My go to’s are Endurance Zyme. Now discontinued unfortunately. I buy up any 2nd hand ones that come up.

Not very helpful, sorry.

doomanic

Why not another pair of Endura shorts?

StuF

Why not another pair of Endura shorts?

Good question – initially it felt like it’d not had them that long and wore through quickly, but I guess they’re at least 3 years so perhaps that’s all I can expect out of a pair of shorts that gets battered in all weathers at least once a week.

Northwind

You probably can’t buy them any more as they’re so old but, I have 3 pairs of Altura Mayhems and 3 pairs of Altura Attack waterproofs, they last forever and they work great. I just put a hole in one in a crash and I am distraught

geomickb
    Free Member

I thought we all wore Endura Humvees?

Painey
    Free Member

Anything by Fox doesn’t generally last in my experience. Endura sizes are a bit unpredictable too. I ordered a pair of shorts in size L (35-37) waist. I’m a 36″ waist but couldn’t even do them up. I then ordered a pair in XL and they were so large they’d fall to the ground without braces. I’ve given up with ’em.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Zyme through the winter, singletrack through the summer, superlite when it’s lashing down.

doubleeagle
    Free Member

I definitely thought that humvees were the unofficial secret uniform of the singletrack reader.

campfreddie
    Free Member

Just moved across to Decathlon after all the top-end stuff. Fantastic trail shorts. Stretchy, comfy, good pockets etc etc. Also moved across to their liner shorts and their upper end bibs for road riding.

Just annoyed I didn’t go in that direction sooner.

Tim
    Free Member

Northwind
    You probably can’t buy them any more as they’re so old but, I have 3 pairs of Altura Mayhems and 3 pairs of Altura Attack waterproofs, they last forever and they work great. I just put a hole in one in a crash and I am distraught

Interesting.

I’ve liked the fit and price of Altura kit in the past, but it just disintegrated in short order. If they have sorted out the durability then…

Bucko

I’ve always worn Endura Singletrack

choppersquad
    Free Member

Humvees.
    Last for years and nice and baggy. Look good in camo too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I thought we all wore Endura Humvees?

Not since about 2010.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

initially it felt like it’d not had them that long and wore through quickly, but I guess they’re at least 3 years

Good luck getting three years out of Fox but it depends on the material. A lot of trendy lifestyle brands like Fox, TLD, Royal favour the thinner materials. Perhaps they look better and people end up having to buy them more frequently, but Endura Singletracks for me are much longer lasting because they’re made out of tougher cordura type material.

wordnumb
    Free Member

I don’t know whether the newer version of singletracks last as well as the older ones, different cut different materials.

twonks

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Humvees brand new waiting for me to fit in them.
    Bought in the last big sales at Wiggle so going to hang on to them as I lose weight*

Would say they appear to be the best made shorts I’ve had, so if they can still be found I’d give them a go OP.

A strong second best to them is what I use now and are Decathlon 900 series baggies. Cost £30 not in the sale or significantly less every so often.

They are quite thin and stretchy in comparison to the HumVees but, have stood up well so far – apart from one of the zips has come away completely on the pockets. Not damaged the main fabric, just no longer a zipped pocket.

Also have some Dare2Be and Polaris shorts. Seem to be ok and reasonable value in sales.

And just to finish it, have this morning received 2 pairs of baggies from the Hump 60% off sale, as per a PSA a few days ago. Seem to be thin and quite resilient, probably on par with £25 decathlon shorts. Time will tell but they cost peanuts with the discount.

*the sale was about 2 years ago.. damn.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Go to baggy shorts’ is closed to new replies.