Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Glove recommendations for someone who doesn’t like gloves
  • cows_in_cars
    Free Member

I prefer to ride gloveless, but really struggling to find grips that are grippy when wet (with no gloves). Thinking a better solution would be some gloves but most I find annoying and remove the nice positive connection to the bike… although all better than wet hands and gloves.

Or recommendations for grippy when wet grips.

Thank you in advance

joshvegas
    Free Member

Decathlon do a pair of glives with no padding whatsoever.

I don’t like wearing gloves either but there are okay.

They look like a copy of a pair of fox gloves i now only have one of.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of unpadded Castelli neoprene gloves that I find work really well in wet weather.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/defeet-e-touch-dura-gloves-1/ are very close to 4 season gloves, can be used as a liner in bitter cold.

sharkattack

I’ve got Renthal ultra-tacky slip on grips and I regularly ride gloveless. It’s hard to imagine a gripper grip.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Thank you for all the suggestions, very useful. Thanks

ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

Im the same as you… I hate gloves! I was running the Fabric semi ergo grips last year all year and never had any problems in rain, Sleat or snow. I’ve given the magic mushroom ones ago this time and I’m really impressed with the grip and vibration damping on them.

mrb123
    Free Member

Are you wanting long finger gloves or mitts?

mehr
    Free Member

Fox flexair

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Troy Lee xc

fadda

Garneau ditch for me…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

poc

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Galbier do a nice light pair

ffati
    Free Member

Golf gloves for the win for me really thin really grippy.

Dmr deathgrips race day compound but not long lasting enough to justify the cost.

fathomer

Troy Lee Ace are very lightweight, enough that stingers still sting!

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Thank you again, really appreciate all the glove/grip reconditions.

stevehine

What is it you don’t like about gloves ? I sometimes use a pair of sailing gloves which have cut off thumb/first finger for tactile brake/gears but long fingers on the other three fingers which helps bramble rash 👍

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

It’s the sightly less connected feel, there’s just a bit of movement between hand/glove/grip. I will ride with gloves sometimes and always in winter, but it just feels so much better without.

jruk
    Free Member

Fox Rangers are super thin on the palm.

droodling
    Free Member

I have a pair of Dakine Thrillium gloves which are great and super lightweight. Thin goat leather palm gives loads of grip and still feels really tactile. Like a second skin.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Glove recommendations for someone who doesn’t like gloves’ is closed to new replies.