Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Glasgow LBS
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

Can you recommend me a Glasgow LBS to get a Revelation serviced at, will be passing through next week and my LBS can’t get it done in time.

Thanks

enduro-aid
    Free Member

best bet would be freeflow bikes, they have a unit up at Cathkin and a shop on the southside

the shop is still called craig mcmartin cycles i think

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

or try willys repair shop about 1 mile from mcmartins on the same road

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Gear do fork servicing now.

Albanach
    Free Member

Bikelove, Alpine.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Dales are pretty good in my experience. Bending over backwards to get my bike fixed at the moment for me. Easy to get to, as 30 seconds off the M8.

thegman67

Dales cycles are awesome I’ve used them loads and their very helpful

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Would recommend Bike Love, although others will be fine.

seosamh77
    Free Member

+1 for willie bains shop.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Thanks thats great

supertacky
    Free Member

+1 Willie Bains in the south side. Great wee guy to deal with.
    +1 Bike Love Carl can sort most things
    -1 Dales unpleasant staff, slow turnaround

Johnbot
    Free Member

Bikelove in the west end. The mechanic is the downhill mechanic for Chain Reaction, IIRC. Did some good work for me recently too.
    Or
    Will Bains’s shop in Shawlands on the south side, but by his own admission he is very busy and would often recommend Bikelove to me for more technical things.

stevie750

+1 for Willy bain but I don’t think he can service forks.

Seen that gear now do them but can’t comment on quality of work as never had anything done. Always nice and helpful when you go in the shop

nille
    Free Member

I would stay away from Craig McMartin Cycles. I got my last bike from them and their workshop did a lousy job in setting it up (bolts not tightened, brakes bled poorly, no paperwork, etc.). Not the sort of thing you would expect when spending 2k on a bike.
    Dales workshop is good but the salesmen are an unfriendly bunch.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Bikelove still in existance? Every time I go past it’s lights are out, shutters down and nobody home -assumed they’d closed. Also assumed they were roady-only from their front window.

craig1975
    Free Member

bike love are still very alive and kicking….. Carl had to close the shop for a couple of weeks here and there as he started to mechanic for Ruaridh Cunningham again… not sure if he’s still doing that this year tho…

supertacky
    Free Member

Bikeloves Carl is a world cup DH mechanic for the Chainreaction team. He closed this week due to being in attendance in South Africa. Shop is now fully open again. The shop may look full of commuter bikes, but alot of top downhill and XC racers use his services. He makes good coffee too.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Ones I’ve used and can recommend:

Gear are great, Joe is a top dude (Hi if you’re reading Joe) and the guys are always helpful. (He once let me rummage for about half an hour downstairs in the workshop in a huge box of mech hangers unsupervised- uncommon these days.) They’ll do your forks no probs, I think.

Willy Bain is also highly recommended. Nice bloke. Knows his stuff. Worth a call.

Cyclesmith in Rutherglen. Smudger can do just about anything, but might send forks off.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Billy Bilsland.

Lastly, don’t discount Alpine. Always helpful.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Anyone ever used Magic Cycles out at Bowling? Any good?

hainman
    Free Member

aye ive used magic cycles abd the bicycle chain at scotstoun both ok but alpine bikes are a tad better.a certain person at scotstoun is a bit **** cheeky for my liking though.

rj
    Free Member

Craig McMartin (Freeflow) in Shawlands are good. The new manager Stevie is very good and I’m sure he can sort you out if you give him a call.

hainman
    Free Member

davy magic cycles is ok,hows the back??

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Much better. Been out and about a fair bit. Send me an email if you fancy a trip sometime.

hainman
    Free Member

will do mate,so whats up with yer bike

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Another for Willy Bain, top bloke!

Shak47

Its worth noting that Alpine and Dales tend to be busy, phoned Alpine to get a wheel trued the other week and there was a 3 week delay, similar experience with Dales with a 2 weeks delay.
    Carl at Bike Love has always been very quick at sorting stuff out, i.e dropped off and wheel back in a couple of days.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

will do mate,so whats up with yer bike

The bottom brackets got a bit of play in it.

I’ve phoned round Alpine, Dales and Evans and they are all really busy.
    Magic say I can drop it off any time, and I’ll get it back in a few days. I’ve never had anything done by them, so have no idea what they are like.
    Really handy though, so will probably drop it off down there on Monday.

hainman
    Free Member

ive been there twice to get brakes bled and the brake was just the same after it was done but after taking it to bicycle chain at scotstoun it turned out the brake was fecked so they been about for years so must be ok,you can only try mate and if it aint right you just go back to them,there are other places as been mentioned but far travelled and like you say its quite handy 2minutes down the road,

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow LBS’ is closed to new replies.