Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Glasgow bouldering centre for beginners?
  • krixmeister

This question for my daughters (both teenagers): they would like to do an “intro to bouldering” course, and perhaps do some ongoing bouldering, indoors. I’m seeing Glasgow Climbing Centre and The Newsroom. Anywhere else I’m missing (especially somewhere easy to get to on public transport from southside Glasgow)?

Any preferences amongst the crowd here, especially with respect to somewhere beginner/teenager friendly?

GavinB

TCA (two centres, one in the southside just off the Kingston Bridge) or Glasgow Climbing Centre all run courses for kids. TCA (Newsroom) is purely bouldering – so should be first on the list if that is what you are hoping they’ll want to focus on.

There are also clubs in the area that will run regular sessions, which the walls should be able to put you in touch with.

squirrelking
    Free Member

TCA would be my choice, pure bouldering, plenty of age appropriate classes and easily accessible from Shields Road. The other centre is north of Maryhill shopping centre.

phil5556

TCA for Bouldering.

Climbing centre in the church at Ibrox if they want to climb too, has a decent bouldering room downstairs too.

Also the auto belays at Xscape are good for climbing without needing a belayer.

allfankledup

Have put my 3 (ages 14,12,9) into NIBAS level 1 down at TCA in kinning park.

Coffee and cakes are pretty good.
    The kids are getting decent instruction, 1hr a week on a 5 week block – a good bit of variety, instructors are stretching them to keep them interested (you’ll probably have a bunch of 8yr old boys in the group – not quite feral, but they are a different beast at that age)

looked at the climbing centre, but their bouldering is small compared to TCA.
    The proproom has a nice big open layout (Not as good as the boulder hut in Ellesmere Port), but pretty decent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow bouldering centre for beginners?’ is closed to new replies.