Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Giant trance 4 2017/18…
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Any good?Any real world experiences?

astormatt
    Free Member

No real world experience of the 4 but i borrowed a 2017 Trance from my lbs while mine was being repaired.

Quite a statement but it was the best bike i have ever rode, the fit was perfect, pedalled well and i felt really confident downhill, i absolutely loved it.

Took it to bike park wales and took it on an mtb marathon and it was ace.

Giant are not probably not that “cool” but they really know how to make bikes.

Mate of mine was asking about a new bike and i suggested a Trance…..

i know it’s all personal preference but i really got on with it and will almost definitely get one when it’s time to change my full suss.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thanks matt.

kiksy
    Free Member

Again, not the 4, but I rented the 2018 2 in Italy. Fair bit of climbing and rocky tech descending.

The frame is light, geo is pretty much spot on for a do it all bike. Seat tube could do with being a little steeper but other than that it climbed and descended well, and I instantly felt comfortable on it.

bikecurious
    Free Member

I’ve owned a 2017 trance 2 since Christmas time. First ‘proper’ mtb and I love it. Would echo those above – really well balanced bike that climbs and descends well. Minor complaint would be STA but its not a biggie. Rode a 2015 trance 3 for one ride last year and that was equally agreeable.

I’d recommend it to people on the lookout for a do it all bike. I think they’re seen as a bit boring / middle of the road which puts some people off.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Giant trance 4 2017/18…’ is closed to new replies.