Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Giant Reign shock tune.
  • simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Does anyone own a reign and if so do you know what shock tune the original shock has?
    Or if you have replaced it what with and how do you find it?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Simon

wavejumper
    Free Member

what year / shock?

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

I presumed the year wouldn’t matter as I think they are still the same shock lengths and leverage ratios / suspention design.

I have one of the earlier ones but with a newish rockshox monarch rt3. M rebound H3 compression high volume. Struggling to get it set up right. Find that I’m close to the max psi (250,30% sag, max is 275) and struggling to get enough rebound on it.

Just after an idea of the ideal tune of different shocks.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Bumped for the daytime folk.

arbie
    Free Member

I would worry less about the shock and more about getting the sag and the feel you want. if you can’t get enough rebound at 250psi, then you probably need to up your psi and accept less sag. Reign is so plush anyway I don’t find I need to go for DH levels of sag or it can blow through to quickly. And sure you can go a little over 275psi if you have to

Simonpieman
    Free Member

2007 has a mid tune according to the sticker on my fox shock. I always assumed this relates to compression damping.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

Thanks Simon, is there just the one tune label on it?

Arbie, trouble is if I put more air in there will be even less rebound making it return too quick.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Giant Reign shock tune.’ is closed to new replies.