Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Giant Maestro Bearing Installer / Remover – does it work on all Maestro bike?
  • devash
    Free Member

Morning all,

I’ve been chasing down a bit of a creak on my 2017 Giant Anthem and have found that the lower rear linkage bearings are really rough / notchy. I’ve seen that Giant make a Maestro bearing removal and installation kit (https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/giant-sixpackplus1-maestro-bearing-tool-kit). Just want to double check that this kit works with all recent Giant Maestro frames? Thanks.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

There is a plus 2 kit,but whether you need it or not or could even get it I couldn’t say.Fair play to Giant for consistently sticking with the same size bearings over the years if this kit still cover them all.
    Plus 2

devash
    Free Member

I’ve taken a punt and ordered one. I know it will install / remove at least 3 out of four of the types of bearing on my bike and managed to bag one brand new for sub-£80 so will pay for itself after the first use compared to getting a bike shop to install. :=)

zippykona

I found the lower one easy to do without the kit. It was the upper ones that made me buy the kit.

An absolute joy of a job to do with right tools.

zippykona

Just offered the kit up to my 2016 anthem and it seemed ok. The bike I swapped the bearings on was my 2012 29.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Giant Maestro Bearing Installer / Remover – does it work on all Maestro bike?’ is closed to new replies.