Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich – US Election Night thread
  • chewkw
    Free Member

You have been (President) Trump! 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

Radio 2 – just playing ‘Another brick in the wall’

🙂

.. and a Windows Update has just changed my UK keyboard to Murican – Trump has already made Murican the new world standard for keyboards, making America bigly great again.

USA! USA! USA!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Holy crapola.

What a world we now live in.

I’m gastflabbered…

😐

julians
    Free Member

FTSe only 0.1% down (at 9.15), just a normal day on the uk market so far

cranberry
    Free Member

Just don’t be holding Mexican Pesos.

jimdubleyou

Haven’t read the thread, but coming on to the West Wing music to do your acceptance speech is pure Donald.

May you live in interesting times.

stewartc
    Free Member

Just don’t be holding Mexican Pesos

or Indian rupees in 500 and 1000 denominations.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I guess they showed him the Kennedy assassination film from the never seen before angle before his victory speech considering how humble it became.

julians
    Free Member

FTSE now up slightly – a bit unexpected

Poopscoop

This isn’t even a bump compared to what is going to happen.

He’s promised the moon on a stick to his voters. Voters he gained from allegedly being the outsider that will keep his word blah blah…

There is going to be a lot of angry voters over there (with guns) that won’t like to find out that this man has just lied to them just like the politicians he says he hates.

Putin must be eyeing up Europe with a bit of a grin on his face right now though.

molgrips
    Free Member

There is going to be a lot of angry voters over there (with guns) that won’t like to find out that this man has just lied to them just like the politicians he says he hates.

Don’t think so.

They will find someone or something else to blame. Because Trump is *their* man. Don’t under-estimate tribalism. Same goes for all tribal groups btw so don’t think I am simply attacking Trumpers. It’s base human instinct.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Oh well, life goes on. I had some lovely scrambled eggs this morning and the cricket is going well. Thai Garlic Pepper Chicken tonight

Poopscoop

“Don’t think so.
    They will find someone or something else to blame. Because Trump is *their* man. Don’t under-estimate tribalism. Same goes for all tribal groups btw so don’t think I am simply attacking Trumpers. It’s base human instinct.”
    ——-

Absolutely agree. He will blame anything and everything he can’t do or does badly on someone or something else.

I think it will work for a while too. Possibly even one term.

The problem is that many of his voters want a quick fix, they also won’t want a new kind of Trump that becomes all too good at excuses. The Trump they voted in will be expected to be exactly the opposite of that.

He will get away with it for a fin while though, just how long I have no idea.

In reality i know that everything I say and everything everybody else days is just speculation.

I do feel safe in saying that the world seems a little bit more dangerous this morning than it was the last.

I genuinely hope to be proven wrong though.

Northwind

molgrips – Member

They will find someone or something else to blame. Because Trump is *their* man. Don’t under-estimate tribalism. Same goes for all tribal groups btw so don’t think I am simply attacking Trumpers. It’s base human instinct.

TBH he’s managed to win strongly enough that he’ll find it pretty hard to find excuses. But you’re right, it’ll probably be exactly like brexiteers, hardly getting a thing they were promised but still claiming to be delighted with their victory.

It’s not any better just because a lot of the people who’re likely to get the shaft, voted for the shaft. But I guess we’ll see, I don’t think anyone really has a clue what the next few years look like- what was meant, what was bullshit, what was kept secret.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thai Garlic Pepper Chicken tonight

RACIST! 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

julians – Member
    FTSe only 0.1% down (at 9.15), just a normal day on the uk market so far

The Australian share market has lost about $34 billion in value

Across the Asia-Pacific region, shares also tumbled. In Japan, the Nikkei slumped 5.8 per cent, while the Hang Seng in Hong Kong sank 3.5 per cent.

US stock futures posted steeper and steeper declines as the day wore on. The Dow Jones mini slumped 5 per cent and was halted after hitting their limit threshold — the last time this occurred was during the Brexit referendum. It resumed trading shortly after.

The S&P 500 mini was down 4.6 per cent, while the Nasdaq slumped 4.8 per cent, indicating major selling off when Wall Street opens later in the day
    bad news for a lot of people

chewkw
    Free Member

I need to watch the extended news this evening.

Let’s hope there will be a documentary to follow up as well …

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/1gXY3kuDvSU[/video]
    The Docco

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Giant Douche vs Turd Sandwich – US Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.