• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by igm.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ghetto tubeless 24″ wheels schrader valve
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

OK, i have got some better tyres for my kids 24″bike, want to convert to tubeless. Rims are non-tubeless and use schrader valves.

I’m thinking 20″ bmx schrader tubes for ghetto tubeless, but will the schrader vaves allow me to blast in enough air to inflate them?  Can i use 20″ presta valves (with removable core) in schrader drilled rims?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Just get schraeders with removable cores?

Or just use presta valve and not worry about it or buy the wee plastic inserts you can stick in a schraeder hole to make it presta sized

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

oh i didn’t realise there was such a thing as removable core schraders!

steezysix
    Free Member

All Schrader valves have removable cores so you can get way more airflow than with Presta valves, works well for plus and fat tyres! I did a ghetto setup on my Genesis and it’s been fine.

thols2

All Schraeder valves have removable cores. Much easier for tubeless than Presta. You can just pump them up at any petrol station and buy a can of Tyreweld for emergencies.

Edit. Damn, beaten by seconds.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Also ghetto tend to sit much tighter between rim and tyre, so very rarely you need air blast.

Normal track pump and soapy water did me ok. I think only once I really struggled on ghetto conversion. That was some old and pretty baggy tyre.

Cheers!
    I.

Tim
    Free Member

Few layers of gorilla tape, prick a small hole through at the valve hole and then force a tubeless valve through. Worked for me in the past as the seal on the valve locked onto the valve plus the mass of tape sealed it.

igm

Probably get a valve free by scrounging at Kwikfit too 😜

Just use a BMX tube.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ghetto tubeless 24″ wheels schrader valve’ is closed to new replies.