Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Genesis Tour De Fer
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

Thought this might appeal to some. Somewhere between a classic randonneur and a “cyclocrosser”/modern tourer. Seems to cover a lot of bases and comes in at £899.

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/blog/02/07/14/2015-bike-launch-tour-de-fer

iainc

Having done some touring weekends on my 2014 Croix De Fer I can totally see the point in that bike, the lower gearing, the longer chainstays etc. Lovely.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Please, Genesis, make some bikes in 63cm. Please.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nice to see some pics of the 2015 Croix De Fer.

Seems everything that done my head in about the 2014, cable routing, fork clearance, has been sorted. Plus HY/RD brakes. £50 more, tho.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/yFUfoUQ.png[/img]

tonyd

Like! (both)

simondbarnes

The Tour de Fer looked lovely in the flesh when I saw it on Monday. Personally I’d swap out the barend shifters for STIs but I can see why many wouldn’t.

robdob
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmm I want one of these so much!

robdob
    Free Member

Anyone got a TDF yet?

dunmail
    Free Member

If I was in the market for a touring bike that would definitely be on the short list. Like Simon I’d prefer STI shifters.

iainc

Croix De Fer 30 on order here 🙂

Bruce

I was considering one of these but have some doubts about the weight.

rumple
    Free Member

the forks have been recalled on the 10 and 20 and are not available until march now……

iainc

^^^^ jeez, thats not so good 🙁

hopefully my 30 is still on track for early Jan…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

the forks have been recalled on the 10 and 20

Not true. I work in a Genesis dealer and I’ve literally just phoned Sportline and asked them.
    I have a CDF 10 myself, hence the interest.
    We would have had an email or other warning if that was correct.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Iain, Sportline are quoting 30s in stock, confirmed, 06/01/15.

rumple
    Free Member

the affected bikes are:

• Tour de fer
    • Smithfield
    • Borough
    • Croix de fer 10
    • Croix de fer 20

iainc

PeterPoddy – Member
    Iain, Sportline are quoting 30s in stock, confirmed, 06/01/15.

Posted 45 minutes ago # Report-Post

Thanks Peter, that ties in with what LBS told me earlier in the week

toppers3933
    Free Member

Who gave you the info about a recall? I ask because I’ve just spoken to my rep and sportline and they both denied all knowledge.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Toppers, yeah, that’s the same info I got. It sounds like bullshit it misunderstanding to me.
    There is no recall but I’d like to know where he got the ‘info’ from too. 🙂

matthew_h
    Free Member

It’s not a recall. All forks that are already out there are fine. There was a QC issue with the next batch of steel CdF forks which the Genesis guys have rejected and this has led to a delay on the next batch of some of the bikes. The guys at Genesis are working hard on trying to get the new batch as quick as they can but could be March.

It’s definitely not a recall though.

rumple
    Free Member

heard from sportline, apparently the first batch is fine but a 2nd batch due to come to the UK has been recalled due to the forks, sorry to cause mass panic and disruption 😳

iainc

ah well, I’m glad I’m getting one with carbon forks then 🙂

drovercycles
    Free Member

I’d prefer STI shifters

To be fair, it wouldn’t be £899 if it had STIs. I wouldn’t want them on a proper touring bike, either – though if it’s not going to go further than Europe or North America, then I can see the appeal.

robdob
    Free Member

Bruce – weight, really, on a touring bike? Sounds like you need another “type” of bike, audax maybe?
    The frame and forks weight is normal for a tourer. The components may be a fair bit heavier than some better stuff (brakes/wheels/chainset/mechs) but it’s super cheap for a very well thought out bike and it’s ready to roll out of the box really.

You could always just get the frameset and build it up with your own gear.

robdob
    Free Member

I’d prefer STI shifters
    To be fair, it wouldn’t be £899 if it had STIs. I wouldn’t want them on a proper touring bike, either – though if it’s not going to go further than Europe or North America, then I can see the appeal.

I’m planning on putting flat bars and MTB shifters and brakes on it. Maybe get some lighter wheels down the line – I’ve already bought a 36h Goldtec front hub!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

“Theres a recall”
    “Actually no there isn’t. “

FFS sort yourself out. 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Tour De Fer’ is closed to new replies.