Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Genesis Fugio 30, 2020 opinions ?
  • Premier Icon supernova

If anyone fancies one of these, they seem to be £500 off here:

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/genesis-fugio-30-2020-Q3314327.html?colour=157

Premier Icon iainc

^^^^ that’s a good deal !

Premier Icon trailwagger
    Free Member

@iainc this is the bolt and how far it sits in when the wheel is in.

null

Premier Icon iainc

No bolt stick though on mine :

Premier Icon trailwagger
    Free Member

Do you have a bolt in there at all? I don’t get it, this is the second fugio I have owned and they have both been like this.

Premier Icon iainc

[url=https://gasstation-nearme.com/diesel]next diesel gas station[/url]

Premier Icon trailwagger
    Free Member

Any idea what I’m doing wrong? Does that bolt stay in you axle when you remove it?

Premier Icon iainc

That bolt stays where it is in the picture at all times. When I have the axle out and go to put back in, I have to push that dropout in a wee bit so the axle engages, and the bolt goes up the inside of the axle I think. It looks to me like yours has a bolt that’s a few mm too long.

Premier Icon Mister-P
    Free Member

With the money I have saved during lock down I’ve decided to order one of these. I pick it up on Friday.

Premier Icon iainc

Excellent choice, loving mine !

Premier Icon burko73

As a result of lockdown savings/ lockdown bike sale (sold a cotic escapade I was running with 700x40c nano’s and an on one fatty)I recently bought a new gravel bike.

The Fugio was on my list with a Kona Libre but I went for a Bombtrack Hook EXT-C in the end. Got it cheaper than that Fugio and its full carbon fork and frame, Rival 11 with 650b Hunt wheels and wtb tyres. Its an absolute blast and will take 700x45c or 650b x 2.1″ tyres.

It’s pretty comfy, approx 9kg tubeless in small and seems to fly. I’m dead chuffed.

I bought a mini salsa anything bracket/ pack for a few tools, plug kit and bits under the downtime which seems to work well. I had used a tool caddy with a voile strap in a down tube mounted bottle cage but it looked scruffy as I had to keep the lid on with gaffer tape.

The only thing I need to do better is to find a better option for a pump!

Premier Icon orena45
    Free Member

Any ownership updates on this worth hearing?  Considering semi-replacing my 2013 CdF with a 2020 Fugio 30 on my work’s C2W scheme.

What are the stock wheels like?

Anyone on a medium with a 32″ inseam? Presumably there’s enough room for the dropper to operate.  Measurements look fairly similar to my 54cm CdF and I can’t imagine the dropper would have enough room on that.

Any more 700c tyre size experiments in the rear to hear of?

Ta

Premier Icon funkmasterp

I’m on a medium with a 29” inseam and have the post quite low due to the short crank arms. the drop is only short though so you’ll likely be left with a fair bit of post to deal with even when dropped.

Only ridden it a handful of times in fairer weather, but it’s a fun bike and the stock wheels seem fine. If you’re wanting 700c tyres I’d honestly look elsewhere. The bike is pretty much designed around the smaller wheels and clearance. Not great with 700c tyres.

If you’re anywhere near Macclesfield you’re more than welcome to take mine out for a little spin if/when travelling is allowed.

Premier Icon iainc

Mine is also a medium, and I’m a 30” inside leg. Lovely bike, can’t fault it. As others have said, it’s best suited to the 650 wheels and big tyres.

I had a 54 Croix de Fer and it feels same size. I also have a medium vagabond.

Premier Icon orena45
    Free Member

Thanks funkstermasterp. Appreciate the offer of a spin but I’m in Cornwall so too far away, even in rosier times!

Cheers Iainc also.

Yeah I’m not too hung up on 700c wheels on it tbh. Nice to have the option of a decent size though.

My C2W scheme provider will price match current sale prices out there, so it’s very tempting to get it at effectively 50% off RRP

Premier Icon funkmasterp

I bought mine from Winstanley back in October for a good price. Great service and turnaround too. Might be worth checking to see if they still have stock.

Premier Icon Mister-P
    Free Member

31 inch inside leg on a medium here. Stock wheels are decent enough. I’ve set mine up tubeless which was pretty painless. No complaints with mine at all.

Premier Icon Yetiman
    Free Member

This is my Fugio 10 which was delivered a couple of weeks back. It’s an XL so can’t help with the sizing but can confirm the 700×40 wheels from the CDF30 fit with room to spare for a slightly bigger tyre.

Premier Icon andysandes
    Free Member

I’ve ordered the 2021 30 in the crazy purple and pink colour. Sizing wise I’m typically an “XL”, the shop I’m buying from (had. to do remotely) did mention that some of the sizes are quite roomy. I ended up settling for a large on their recommendation.

Hopefully it will be the right size! Just worth looking at the charts.

Andy

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.