Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Genesis and Pinnacle bikes for 2016?
  • avdave2

The one bike thread made me think that I’d go for a rigid bike with the option of running 650+ and my Rohloff. It looks like someone just made it for me. 🙂

simondbarnes

Any more spec / availability info on the vagabond?

Availability is currently showing 1/11/15 (but not confirmed and don’t know if orders already placed would be earlier than that)

Spec from the distributor B2B site…

Frame : Genesis Mjölnir Seamless Double-Butted Chromoly
    Fork : Straight Blade Unicrown Cr-Mo Disc
    Headset : FSA Orbit DL / No.1
    Shifters : Microshift BS-M10 Bar-end
    Rear derailleur : Shimano Deore RD-M615-SGS
    Front derailleur : Shimano Deore FD-M616
    Chainset : Shimano Deore FC-M615, 40/28T
    Bottom Bracket : Shimano SM-BB52, 68mm
    Chain : KMC X10
    Cassette / Freewheel : Shimano CS-HG50-10, 11-36T, 10sp
    Rims : Alex Rims Volar 2.1 Tubeless-Ready (TCS), 32H
    Hubs : Formula DC-20LW / Joytech RCC 6-Bolt, 32H
    Spokes : 14G Stainless Silver DB (2.0-1.8-2.0) w/ Brass Nipples
    Tyres : WTB Nano Race, 60TPI Folding Bead, 29×2.1″
    Brakes : TRP Spyre-C w/ 160mm Rotors & Jagwire KEB-SL Compression-less Outer
    Brake Levers : Promax BL-253
    Handlebars : Genesis RandoX Flared (D125 x R70mm)
    Grips / Tape : Genesis Cork Gel
    Stem : Genesis Road, +/-7°
    Saddle : Genesis MTB
    Seatpost : Genesis Road, Ø27.2 x 400mm
    Pedals : N/A

NormalMan

Thank you.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Please explain 650B+ to me. Is it another name for 27.5 or yet another wheel size?

simondbarnes

Please explain 650B+ to me. Is it another name for 27.5 or yet another wheel size?

It’s 650b with a wide rim and fat (2.8ish) tyre

faustus

So Jameso, any updates on the Ramin b+ and when it might be available..?

jameso

Will have some pics pretty soon. WTB B+ wheelset, QR spec with convertable hubs, Deore 1×10 inc brakes, crmo foks inc a few extra bottle mounts than before, geo is a tad slacker and longer but will still feel good to ride loaded up, uses a clamp-shell EBB for height adjust or SSing. £800 RRP.

faustus

Thanks for the update. Sounds ideal to me, like the versatility and seems like great value too, esp when compared to complete longitude. Look forward to the pics!

benp1

The Arkose 2 was the one with bar end shifters and hydraulic brakes – I have one

I’d love a steel Arkose but unlikely I’ll be changing this for now. It’s probably only 8 months old!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

jameso – Member
    Will have some pics pretty soon. WTB B+ wheelset, QR spec with convertable hubs, Deore 1×10 inc brakes, crmo foks inc a few extra bottle mounts than before, geo is a tad slacker and longer but will still feel good to ride loaded up, uses a clamp-shell EBB for height adjust or SSing. £800 RRP.

Any sign of these pics yet ?

jameso

Not yet sorry, could be later next month now.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

jameso – Member
    Not yet sorry, could be later next month now.

🙁 ..Sounds just what im looking for , either this or the new longitude..
    What colours it come in ?

mikertroid
    Free Member

Jameso,

Any update on the new Ramin Frames? I’ve pretty much worn thru the NDS chainstay using 2.3 Purgatories and I love the ride-would rather keep the Ramin going for now, rather than have a garage full of 29er bits I can’t use if I buy the Iroko……

mikertroid
    Free Member

Actually that’s a slight exaggeration, but I’ve scribed a noticeable groove in the chainstay….

wors

Anything in the pipe line from Pinnacle that resembles a lightish xc bike, not too steep HA, doesn’t break the bank? 😀

Clink

Any more Ramin 29er updates?

jameso

Sorry, missed this the last few times it’s had bumps. The 1 (same spec, now just B+ compatible), 2, 3+ (the B+ bike with EBB, 1×10 Deore) and the 4 (SLX 10s, 120mm Reba) are all in the pipeline but logistics delay in getting them in, will need to check for updates next week.

What colours it come in ?

The 3+ is a flat dark/bold orange. Same as the current Lithium 4, looks good with big tyres and black kit/decals.

Clink

Thanks. Are they QR or 142 rears?

jameso

QR on all. Iroko 2-4s are 142 but Ramins are staying QR for now.

13thfloormonk

So who is forum go-to-guy for insider info on Genesis kit now? Still trying to find a frame only weight for the Datum…

simondbarnes

Still trying to find a frame only weight for the Datum…

Still showing as TBC on the Sportline B2B

faustus

Jameso – Range is sounding good, will there be a Ramin b+ compatible frame only option available at some point? Having a b+ compatible ramin 1 sounds great idea…

jameso

Frames, yes.

drliamski
    Free Member

Definitely interested in the ramin 3 with ebb, will it be sold as frameset only?

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Genesis and Pinnacle bikes for 2016?’ is closed to new replies.