Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Just got my Exposure lights….
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Interesting output comparison tool on their website (scroll to bottom of page). From those pics the top end Six Pack is actually too bright; lots of glare off the trail.

[EDIT] – love my Diablo. If I had the spare cash I’d have a Maxx D as well.

Paceman
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Toro bar mounted with a Joystick helmet mounted for the last 4 years, completely hassle free and still working perfectly. I’d not hesitate to buy the same set-up again, all the lumens I need and zero reliability issues.

robdob
    Free Member

Lovely lights but for th life of me I can not work out how the button to change the settings works. I given up trying to work it out and just use it for on and off. Not sure why they designed it to be so complicated. Know doubt people will come along now and explain how simple it is and I have been a dumbo!!

It isn’t obvious how you do it, you need to read the instructions. But once you do I can’t see any issues, the instructions are pretty clear.

EDIT they have videos to show you how to do it as well.

zilog6128

Oh, and the newer remote switch (clear cover over button) is much better than the one from a few years back (black cover over button).

I have the old one. It’s a bit crap so I don’t use it! Plus the whole point of Exposure lights (for me) is that you don’t routinely need wires everywhere! If they have changed the design though and moved over to wireless (as a previous poster suggests) that would be great.

STATO
    Free Member

If they have changed the design though and moved over to wireless (as a previous poster suggests) that would be great.

Wireless only for equinox tho, not any other lights.

Paceman
    Free Member

Lovely lights but for th life of me I can not work out how the button to change the settings works. I given up trying to work it out and just use it for on and off. Not sure why they designed it to be so complicated. Know doubt people will come along now and explain how simple it is and I have been a dumbo!!

It’s really not that difficult, read the instructions, set up as needed, use and forget… perfect.

MSP

I have updated my lights this year, gone from a mk1 toro and mk2 joystick to the latest toro and a lupine piko r4 (which is a bloody expensive setup, when I got them delivered I didn’t open the boxes for a couple of days while I wrestled with the realisation of the madness of the cost).

Got to say the new toro on the bars and piko for the helmet is fantastic, the piko is a bit more spotty so I can angle down the torro a little more and use the piko to look further up the trail. If I could have got that power and time from a small all in one unit I would, but I think that overall I am happy to carry a separate battery pack in a jersey pocket or backpack for the piko’s performance over the exposure helmet mount options. The remote for the piko is great as well.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Great setup, but I think I am finally giving up on the TAP function on the Diablo. Was giving it one last try on yesterdays night ride, even on least sensitive it switches mode on its own on the rough stuff.

benp1

I’m finding the TAP function really handy. It’s my first ‘cycle’ helmet light.

I used to use an 18650 torch with a magnetic control ring so changing brightness was easy, but I couldn’t guarantee how long the battery would last so on longer rides I would worry about it lasting

I’m not taken it on anything massively technical though, it’s been on relatively smooth surface, or if it’s bumpy/rough then I haven’t been going very fast so it’s not taken any big hits.

njm

So I just got a Diablo Mk7, and it is a lovely light, but following the instructions to attach the lanyard doesn’t work, the small loop is too small to fit round the body.

Has anyone else had this problem, or did I get sent the wrong lanyard? (I know earlier models had a small hole at the rear of the light you attached the lanyard too).

robdob
    Free Member

I don’t think you put the unit through the loop, you wrap it round the unit and pass the lanyard through the loop to make a new loop (hard to describe!) I found it won’t slip off this way, especially when pushed into the grooves as instructed.

njm

Cheers, robdob, I follow that, but the loop is so short it won’t go all the way round the body.

benp1

It will, it’s just quite tight. Once you’ve managed it you’ll see that there’s no chance of it coming off.

I’ve bought a redeye micro and using some cord have attached it to the lanyard so I don’t lose it. I’ve also taped the cord to the redeye so it doesn’t come off. Needs a lanyard mount desparately!

njm

I’ll give it a another go this evening and let you know 🙂

benp1

Unclip the thin wirey end from the bigger lanyard end too, that’ll help a lot (if you haven’t already done that)

chip
    Free Member

I have a mk10 joystick which is brilliant. I read in the manual about attaching the lanyard and looping through the helmet. I tried it once but then decided against it as I thought you have more chance of snagging the lanyard itself.

mrchrispy

on my 3rd (maybe 4th?) winter commuting with my Strada + joystick combo, got a redeye running from both so I’m pretty well lit up.
    the only trouble is they are still so good I cant really justify upgrading 🙁

robdob
    Free Member

Just used my Diablo on a short road ride just now. Holy cow that thing is bright on full power! Easy to use and was easy to attach to my weird carbon bars. Can’t wait to use it on my helmet off road – I can’t believe the MaxxD I have is going to be twice the lumens, surely I’ll set fire to Yorkshire when I turn it on!

scaled
    Free Member

I’ve lost my bloody joystick, seriously thinking that one of the electricians little helpers nicked it during the rewire 🙁

On the plus side, i’ll be ordering a new diablo!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Just got my Exposure lights….’ is closed to new replies.