Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gem Stone Jeweller recommendations
  • piemonster

I’ve no idea of who is a reputable Jeweller for these sort of things.

SWMBO hits a number of significance this year and also spent a significant amount of time browsing gem stone jewellery whilst on holiday in Canada. I did contact the shop in question but they’ve frankly been a bit rubbish. I also think they might have a significant “resort tax”

The next place I found which has something she’ll (hopefully) like has a website, but no business details and no shop, not even any Facebook or Google reviews.

If anyone can point me in the direction of some good Jewellery designers/retailers it’d be much appreciated.

My life may depend on getting this right, she is a ‘Louise’

Tallpaul
    Free Member

My experience of doing this twice now for Mrs. TP has been to get an idea of what she wants, then arrange with a Jewellers for them to have selection available for her to view by appointment and chose the one she likes.

lunge

My first thought would be to head to the Jewelry Quarter in Birmingham. There are literally hundreds of jewelers there, at least some of which will make something completely custom.
    As a start, Crystalink and Bicknells are worth talking to.

piemonster

We live in Fife but her folks live in Herefordshire so actually a trip to Brum is feasible. Assuming I can figure out what to do with the dog.

Plus I can call in at Manchester Canoes for some other critical business.

I’ll have a google around that area of Brum too. See if I can find who sells the right style of stuff. Not sure Edinburgh has an equivalent area.

sadmadalan

We hit 30 married years this year, so I (eventually) got round to getting my significantly better half an eternity ring. She has a Tanzanite stone in her engagement ring, so I got the same jeweller who made that to make a suitable one. Looks wonderful, however the jeweller is in Farnham, Surrey!

koldun
    Free Member

I have a friend who makes bespoke jewellery and all the materials are ethically sourced (if that of any importance to you) – http://www.leonardoflondon.com/

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe one of the Blue John jewellers in Castleton in the Peak?

fossy

Abelsons in Manchester if passing. Tiny family run place, but my family all use them plus a number of folk at work. It’s not a ‘flashy place’, but they know their stuff.

I got our wedding rings and engagement rings from them originally, and had to get the lot replaced again this summer when my wife put them in a safe place before a bedroom refurb, then ‘binned’ them by accident. Safe place was some old socks (bright pink). It was then how we realised how much gold had gone up. Fortunately Abelsons sorted us something within the ‘insurance bracket’, but not what the rings were now worth. Gold has risen over 25% in last 6 months.

petec
    Free Member

it’s in that there london, but i can’t recommend David Ashton enough

Home

Lovely rings, really lovely. It’s where Mrs C’s engagement ring came from. And you can go back to get changes done later (like two little diamonds to the shoulders; one for each child)

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Go to princes square just off buchannan street in Glasgow. Basically a mall of jewelers. Nice wee day trip down from the kingdom 🙂

The shelia fleet stuff looks nice

Sheila Fleet

piemonster

I’ll take a mooch at all those options thank you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gem Stone Jeweller recommendations’ is closed to new replies.