Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Gee Atherton @ revolution Bike Park
  • M1llh0use
    Free Member
    stevied
    Free Member

Gee-whizz, that’s fast…

JonEdwards
    Free Member

😯

…that’ll be why he gets paid loads of money to ride DH bikes really quickly then…

nigew
    Free Member

I rode there on Sunday and the bit at 43 secs is unbelievebly steep!

Had a great day there though, well organised uplifts and the trails are fun after a few sketchy runs to get used to them.

Milkie
    Free Member

My brain cannot keep up with that video! 😯

somouk
    Free Member

Looks like he just seems to ignore almost all the berms and stuff just flat lining through the corners. Would love to see a vid similar to that from a normal rider to compare.

rocketman
    Free Member

Looks pretty straightforward tbh

turtleheading
    Free Member

What a waste, no time to savour anything…huff

lucien

Is Revolution worth riding then? Looks pretty good, but you can never tell. How does it compare to Cwmcarn / Festiniog etc?

wrecker
    Free Member

😯 I’ve never seen anything like that.

nigew
    Free Member

Antur Ffestiniog?
    Its a lot different, I enjoyed Antur but it felt a lot like a steep trail centre and quite easy and i’m far from being amazing at DH, whereas Revolution felt more natural, maybe it was the trees, a lot muddier and more testing.
    I cant compare it with Cwmcarn, i’ve never been

EDIT We must of enjoyed it, the group I went with are booking Revolution again in June 😆

robhughes
    Free Member

How is that done.I can’t even see that fast… 😕

grum
    Free Member

Looks pretty straightforward tbh

Can’t wait to see the video of you riding it. I know stuff never looks as steep on video but this place is the most extreme example of that IMO.

It’s a great place but I need to work on my balls and fitness before I go back there.

Edit: hmmm ‘work on my balls’ is perhaps an unfortunate turn of phrase… 😳

grahamt1980

That looks awesome,want to go there once I get my DH built up

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I feel scared just watching that!

Rosss
    Free Member

I really fancy a trip up there but i’m concerned the track might be too steep for my skill level. I have ridden portes du soleil, Cwmcarn and Gawton how does this place compare, it looks on a different level.

mega
    Free Member

wow – thanks for sharing that

the quarry video further down the page is imo even more impressive

I’ve done a chest cam vid of me mincing down a 1m drop and it looks like a kerb in the vid, so the jumps those guys are hitting must be rather large indeed given the camera flattens it all out and they look flipping massive in the vid

can’t embed it but this one

[video]http://bcove.me/vdbos02n[/video]

soobalias
    Free Member

love it

apart from the drops, which you cant get scale on anyway, it looks xc enough

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Id hit it.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I’ll see you that and raise you this…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFcQi7DvuFM&list=FLtbtrZMl_LMmbR29bzkVvWA[/video]

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Flash? It’s 2013 FFS.

philfive
    Free Member

Anyone got a non flash version?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Ipad compatible version anyone?

glupton1976
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9ARlglIUTE[/video]

Is there a better helmet cam video than this one?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Try facebook. Look for gee atherton, it’s on his page

deejayen
    Free Member

Wow! They’re incredible. So that’s what downhill is all about… I’ve made a mental note not to even attempt something like that.

jamied
    Free Member

A non-flash iPhone/iPad compatible version has been added to the page now http://hcracer.com/2013/05/08/gee-atherton-pov-cam-at-revolution-bike-park-wales/ 😀

nickc

Thanks, no really, thanks, there’s me thinking I can ride a bike, and you post that….

reedspeed
    Free Member

My pal was there riding that day,& he is very handy,but he says Gee is unreal,amazing to watch & v v fast !.

Bagstard
    Free Member

nigew, I kind of see what you mean about Antur, but how would you fancy racing the Black run? I can ride down it, but the idea of racing it is pretty scary to me.Black powder on the other hand would be great to race.

Revolution is a great venue and has a good mix of tech and flow, with some nice jumps to finish. That video bares no resemblence to when I was riding it, Gee’s speed is frankly ridiculous, but holy flattening effect Batman!

nigew
    Free Member

Bagstard- I struggled to keep with a few of the fast lads who race that I went with 😳
    Hope my post didn’t appear to diss Antur, the guys running it are great, the trails too and will be going again!

zangolin
    Free Member

Revolution defo worth a visit. Been 3 times in the last 18 months. Not ridden the top half of the new track in the video but all looks nice and ‘rollable’. Other tracks are steep in places but all ridable . Can get pretty muddy on the other tracks but a pair of spikes soon sorts that out. Really does bring your skill levels up after a day of riding there. Good uplift and bike friendly trailers.

jamied
    Free Member

Some of you asked for it, so here it is… Gee’s super fast run head to head with a mortal being.

http://hcracer.com/2013/05/20/helmet-cam-showdown-gee-atherton-vs-joe-rider-at-revolution-bike-park/

thegman67

Joe’s rather good also

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Gee Atherton @ revolution Bike Park’ is closed to new replies.